Anyone have UV film or tint on their front windshield? I have a question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UCF-150

Reaction score
Can you see the "hologram effect" wearing polarized sunglasses on the clear windshield tint? I've never looking into the tint since I assumed the windshield would be the same as the sides. That would be super annoying to me.
I've had a lot of windshields tinted and I can only notice this effect when looking into the car; I don't ever get it while driving. FWIW I wear Costas.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had Xpel Ceramic put on my windshield and I like it. Much of the time I have polarized sunglasses on, the only thing I have noticed is sometimes you will see a very slight rainbow type edging on things that you are looking at that are off to the side. Very minimal and not something that would ever bother me, you almost have to look for it to notice.

I would absolutely get it again. The only downside is you have to be more careful cleaning the glass, not really a big deal.

Last edited:

Honeybadger_Zero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Xpel XRplus installed on the windshield. No issues with water post install. Can get some slight color variations with polarized lenses but nothing drastic. Would very much recommend the Xpel XRplus ceramic tint.

gtaboyz

Reaction score
I have Solar Guard VortexIR Ceramic on my windshield as well as all my other windows, I live in SW FL and only wear Maui Jim sunglasses, absolutely no issues!

Ryed

Reaction score
How do you deal with inspection stickers on the windshield? Here in VT they get replaced annually and are scrapped of with a razor blade.

CodeOrangeGen3

Reaction score
I've had a lot of windshields tinted and I can only notice this effect when looking into the car; I don't ever get it while driving. FWIW I wear Costas.
Interesting. Are your Costas polarized? They usually have that pitchfork looking graphic stamped on the arms if they are. Thanks.

CodeOrangeGen3

Reaction score
Great question. The film my installer recommended is LLumar Air 80, link below. Most forums claim little to no issues with this and polarized sunglasses. But I'd love to hear from people on this forum.

Thanks! I can't get an installer to definitively tell me yes or no.

dmarkh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 weeks ago I had the LLumar Air 80 installed on the windshield. I have had no issues with any water. Nor have I any issues with polarized glasses. I just hopw that I never have to use a sun visor again. Can I be confident that one is no longer needed?

dmarkh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 weeks ago I had the LLumar Air 80 installed on the windshield. I have had no issues with any water. Nor have I any issues with polarized glasses. I just hopw that I never have to use a sun visor again. Can I be confident that one is no longer needed?
Opps. I have a 2019 gen 2. Sorry. I hope it's OK for this to be here.