Anyone have TSW "Charlie" revalve? How do you like them?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCSVT

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the "Charlie" revalve from Texas Shock Works?

I found some new stock Fox's for the front of my truck but can't find the rear, so planning to have TSW rebuild them in an exchange. Was thinking about the "Charlie" revalve, for street comfort to settle down the rear a bit. Truck is 100% stock springs etc.

My driving is 99% street, but off road I have medium speed to fast gravel roads, with washboards and potholes. The occasional washout. Not planning to jump the truck but I'd still like it to handle whoops well at medium speed if I encounter one.

Curious to hear experiences with Charlie if anyone has them. I don't want to completely sacrifice offroad... Comments from TSW welcome

Thanks!

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're only interested in a floaty and cushy "boat like" ride you would probably like the Charlie valving. If you project any offroading and Raptor fun alongside your daily driving I think you'll be best served by the Stock SVT valving as it fits in between Bravo and Charlie. Charlie is pretty much strictly for road comfort. Bravo is for the Weekend Warrior getting airborne on the regular.

Rebuilt to stock settings with a set of SD deavers and a shackle swap is a terrific ride over stock springs/shackles and clapped shocks.

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the "Charlie" revalve from Texas Shock Works?

I found some new stock Fox's for the front of my truck but can't find the rear, so planning to have TSW rebuild them in an exchange. Was thinking about the "Charlie" revalve, for street comfort to settle down the rear a bit. Truck is 100% stock springs etc.

My driving is 99% street, but off road I have medium speed to fast gravel roads, with washboards and potholes. The occasional washout. Not planning to jump the truck but I'd still like it to handle whoops well at medium speed if I encounter one.

Curious to hear experiences with Charlie if anyone has them. I don't want to completely sacrifice offroad... Comments from TSW welcome

Thanks!
Hopefully you have better luck with TSW rebuilds than I did. I did the shock exchange last year (fronts/rears) on my 2017 Gen 2. One of the fronts leaked on in the first 2 weeks - they replaced for free, but took >3 months to get the replacement.

One of the rear shocks was blown in <5,000 miles of street driving. Since it was >6 months later there is no free replacement. I was/am completely underwhelmed by “rebuilds” that literally lasted <200 miles on the front <5,000 miles on the rear.

I was so annoyed that I just ordered and put on Fox Factory 3.0 race series. I don’t have issues with their customer service, just their workmanship.

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully you have better luck with TSW rebuilds than I did. I did the shock exchange last year (fronts/rears) on my 2017 Gen 2. One of the fronts leaked on in the first 2 weeks - they replaced for free, but took >3 months to get the replacement.

One of the rear shocks was blown in <5,000 miles of street driving. Since it was >6 months later there is no free replacement. I was/am completely underwhelmed by “rebuilds” that literally lasted <200 miles on the front <5,000 miles on the rear.

I was so annoyed that I just ordered and put on Fox Factory 3.0 race series. I don’t have issues with their customer service, just their workmanship.

Thats really crap to hear! Curious which seals you had them do your rebuild with and also did you pay to have the shafts refinished?

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Who do you plan to use on rebuilding your new shocks?

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats really crap to hear! Curious which seals you had them do your rebuild with and also did you pay to have the shafts refinished?
I had the Viton seals and all shafts refinished.

Justbob

Reaction score
I had the Bravo rebuild done, they were 4 weeks later than originally promised. I also did Geiser front springs and mid perch. My truck now rides the same as my old solid axle 2001 Ram 1500. I realize the mid perch adds to the stiffer ride but the fact that the back now does the classic rear “hop slam” over speed bumps, and the back end walks out around bumpy corners, tells me it’s the shocks (no change to rear other than rebuild). I checked with TSW and they said my truck rode so much smoother before because my shocks were probably so worn out (50,000 miles of 95% street and 5% off road is logging roads) but the smoothness came with traction/planted corners, so I don’t buy it. I opted to keep my old shocks (which I realize were “A” rated, once I saw their “B”) and plan to get them rebuild by someone else to factory specs in another 25,000 or so miles (5,000 on them now).

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the Bravo rebuild done, they were 4 weeks later than originally promised. I also did Geiser front springs and mid perch. My truck now rides the same as my old solid axle 2001 Ram 1500. I realize the mid perch adds to the stiffer ride but the fact that the back now does the classic rear “hop slam” over speed bumps, and the back end walks out around bumpy corners, tells me it’s the shocks (no change to rear other than rebuild). I checked with TSW and they said my truck rode so much smoother before because my shocks were probably so worn out (50,000 miles of 95% street and 5% off road is logging roads) but the smoothness came with traction/planted corners, so I don’t buy it. I opted to keep my old shocks (which I realize were “A” rated, once I saw their “B”) and plan to get them rebuild by someone else to factory specs in another 25,000 or so miles (5,000 on them now).
Sounds like you need to spend a few hundred miles in the desert. That should soften them up a bit