Anyone Have This Happen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ted Schroeder

Reaction score
in the last week I have had this happen a couple time. I had to go to lowes for pipe fittings and walked out saw 4 people around my truck. There was a car parked behind my truck so I thought possibly they were up to no good. Asked them what they were doing. The guy who could speak that I could understand asked if they could take pictures of his family with the truck. Also with him sitting in the driver’s seat if I didn’t mind.

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My old wreck gets a lot of comments, I just tell everyone not to look too close.
I also drive a 1996 White Bronco (just like OJ) it gets attention too.
I find myself thinking that most folks are either looking to deface them or trying to break inside and see what they can get. But usually end up with a story or question.

Surely, the Prius drivers all have to put up with much more...right?

:)

Congrats on the celebrity status!

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Ted Schroeder That is bizzar. I mean, I've got a pretty bad ass RAPTOR; this has never happened to me. People wave and point but not taking photos with it.

North Carolina be Carolining..

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like an anomaly or scam in progress. Raptor is not a Lamborghini, and no one should ever sit in your truck that you don't know. Can't keep eyes on the rest of the "crowd" if you're focused on that guy. Could be making copy of key signal, planting tracking device, or just wasting your time.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like an anomaly or scam in progress. Raptor is not a Lamborghini, and no one should ever sit in your truck that you don't know. Can't keep eyes on the rest of the "crowd" if you're focused on that guy. Could be making copy of key signal, planting tracking device, or just wasting your time.

Exacto. I would be like, take all the photos that you want :) Keeping all parties involved in my eyes view. If it gets hairy... lock vehicle and walk back into the store pretending that you forgot something.