Anyone have Pedal a Commander reviews?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Looking to see what everyone thinks of the Pedal Commander and if it’s worth buying. I hate the throttle lag in the Raptor but I also don’t want to spend $300 on something that doesn’t change it much.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
It works, but 300 is spendy for what you get. Mine has been flawless but - to be fair, several users have reported DTC / dashboard Christmas Tree errors, that went away after removing the P/C.

I use city through city+2 on the P/C but anything more and Raptor sport mode becomes too touchy.

keep an eye out for either cyber Monday or garage sale forum.

FWIW, I --HATE-- normal mode in the Raptor, it’s lazy to the point of being dangerous. P/C on city, city+1, or +2 makes throttle much, much improved, more responsive at low throttle input. I’ve noticed no impact to economy unless I’m just driving it more aggressively.

Speeddeacon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It works, but 300 is spendy for what you get. Mine has been flawless but - to be fair, several users have reported DTC / dashboard Christmas Tree errors, that went away after removing the P/C.

I use city through city+2 on the P/C but anything more and Raptor sport mode becomes too touchy.

keep an eye out for either cyber Monday or garage sale forum.

FWIW, I --HATE-- normal mode in the Raptor, it’s lazy to the point of being dangerous. P/C on city, city+1, or +2 makes throttle much, much improved, more responsive at low throttle input. I’ve noticed no impact to economy unless I’m just driving it more aggressively.

My findings echo Smurfslayer’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David Godbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one that’s removed now because Ikept going into limp mode with numerous faults. Tried reconnecting to no avail. Took it off and all problems went away. Been without it for about 4 months now still no issues. When it was working I loved it. It’s like being in sport mode without the holding in gears and hard shifts. You’ll like it. It worked great for about a year and 4 months before failure.

Speeddeacon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anything special to removing it or just take it out and reconnect? I’ve not had any issues but don’t find any removal instructions in the documents or on their site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kuan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These things get great reviews across all different vehicles. I would not hesitate in finding one of these to install on your truck, and it also has no way of voiding your warranty. Probably the best, safest modification you can do.

Refugio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one on my 2019.
Put it on shortly after purchasing the truck.
23000 miles and no problems as of yet.
Really wakes the throttle sensitivity up.
I like it.
Have read about some others on this forum that have had issues.
Not me...not yet

MEATSWORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pedal commander does what its supposed to do.

But if you plan to tune the truck don't buy one just put the money toward a tune