Anyone have a picture of engine side pass through wires on a '20?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had to be one of the more frustrating times. I got all my lights hooked up to, you guessed it, the pass-thru wires. Was sure I had the right set, but NO. Lots of stories in these threads of a bunch of pretty bright people fumbling around playing trial and error. Really, how hard would it be to tie a simple string with a label taped to the upper fire wall around each of the harnesses?

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had to be one of the more frustrating times. I got all my lights hooked up to, you guessed it, the pass-thru wires. Was sure I had the right set, but NO. Lots of stories in these threads of a bunch of pretty bright people fumbling around playing trial and error. Really, how hard would it be to tie a simple string with a label taped to the upper fire wall around each of the harnesses?

I was thinking the same thing!! Why make it so difficult if you are going to have the wires in the truck anyway? There's so many ways to make it easier that would not add cost.

Joe Moll

Reaction score
Great thread all! I am doing an install of my ham radios in my '20 in the coming week.. had been planning to run a fused 10ga wire direct to the battery.. haven't tried to dig these out yet, what gauge wire are we talking about?

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a $70k truck, Ford really should terminate these wires in connectors and provide us 6 pigtails that become plug and play when put on the accessory of our choice.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On a $70k truck, Ford really should terminate these wires in connectors and provide us 6 pigtails that become plug and play when put on the accessory of our choice.

I actually forgot to even mention how impressed I was with the idea of dipping those wires in hard plastic (or whatever the hell that crap is) that will not let you do a normal wire stripping! You have to whittle that crap off or a normal auto stripper will rip the whole end of the wire off. Again, why make it harder for no reason, and with nothing to gain from it? I love my truck, but holy crap! :banghead: