Anyone have a picture of engine side pass through wires on a '20?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm having a hell of a time locating the pass through wires on the engine side! I have the upfitter wires hooked up and are done. From what I understand pass through wires should be by the large plug on passenger side not very far from the upfitter wires. What the hell am I missing? :893karatesmiley-thuAny help appreciated.

JoeTSI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are taped to a bundle of wires directly to the "left" of the upfitter engine wires. You will have to feel around for them but they are taped just like the upfitter wires were.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They are taped to a bundle of wires directly to the "left" of the upfitter engine wires. You will have to feel around for them but they are taped just like the upfitter wires were.

Thanks Joe, I finally found them. They were about 10" below the plug and completely taped over. You were right, there was literally nothing to see at all, but you could feel there was a lump taped over. It was all I could do to reach down that far to cut the tape and get them loose. What a pain in the ass! The upfitter wires I found in 30 seconds. :emotions122:

JoeTSI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Joe, I finally found them. They were about 10" below the plug and completely taped over. You were right, there was literally nothing to see at all, but you could feel there was a lump taped over. It was all I could do to reach down that far to cut the tape and get them loose. What a pain in the ass! The upfitter wires I found in 30 seconds. :emotions122:
Yep, about the same experience for me with a lot of cursing.

GOTSVT?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are on the right of the wiring harness, not the left.
The ones on the left are dead, the ones on the right are live.
Just went through this last night on my 20

GOTSVT?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dead pass throughs are on the left, down low in a horseshoe style loop.
Give it a yank.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The dead pass throughs are on the left, down low in a horseshoe style loop.
Give it a yank.

Thanks, I did end up finding it. It was completely taped over down really low. You really couldn't see it at all, but I could feel it through the tape. It wasn't a loop like the upfitter wires were, that's what I was looking for. It was just a lump completely taped over on the wire run that goes to the left side plug. Like I said above, WHAT A PAIN IN THE ASS TO FIND IT if you don't know exactly where to look/feel for it.

Never say give it a yank to @Oldfart Bad things happen.

I do get more than my share of yanking in!! :D

Last edited:

Kashoggio

Lives in a van down by the river.
Reaction score
Did you find the ones inside yet? I had a good ol time finding those