Anyone had these CEL code P00C6 Low Fuel Pressure Rail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If the truck sits for a few days I get a long crank. And cam phazer rattle. Today it threw this check engine code.

P00C6​

Truck runs fine when started.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
P00C6 sets if the high pressure fuel system cannot achieve threshold within certain time/crankshaft rotation limits. At that point the PCM will attempt to start the engine at base fuel pump assembly pressure. Sounds like you may have a HPFP issue going on.

OP
OP
goblues38

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
it goes in next Thursday for the cam phaser (6 week appointment wait). The CEL went off after 5 normal starts.

Not sure if I should tell them about it, or let them do the cam phasers and see if they discover it when they put it back together.

WireNutz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the HPFP related and probably needs to be replaced. Is there a way to see rail pressure with forscan or a pid on tuner/gauge?

Best to tell them. I doubt they would notice it or fix it without being told about. And even telling them, they will probably come back with unable to duplicate lol