Anyone going to the Raptor School this Thursday, the 20th?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SkyPilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nuts! I just went last week! The instructors are awesome! I had Donny and Drew. My driving partner worked for a dealership and swaps vehicles all the time so it was his 4 th time through.
Do us a favor and take pictures of your trucks configurations so you can label them later. So many options!
It is an amazing time!
HAVE FUN.
BTW check with your insurance carrier. I bought the optional insurance and found out at the dinner I might be covered. A quick call to my insurance company that morning before class I found out I was covered and I cancelled the extra insurance and I got an email confirmation that day! Saved 80 bucks!

SkyPilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW when talking to your carrier do NOT use the R word... RACING!
This is a Ford sponsored DRIVING school!!! I told them it was off road and they didn't care since it is a manufacturer sponsored driving course.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nuts! I just went last week! The instructors are awesome! I had Donny and Drew. My driving partner worked for a dealership and swaps vehicles all the time so it was his 4 th time through.
Do us a favor and take pictures of your trucks configurations so you can label them later. So many options!
It is an amazing time!
HAVE FUN.
BTW check with your insurance carrier. I bought the optional insurance and found out at the dinner I might be covered. A quick call to my insurance company that morning before class I found out I was covered and I cancelled the extra insurance and I got an email confirmation that day! Saved 80 bucks!
I had checked with my Erie insurance and they said "No schools are covered". They have very low rates, so I wasn't too surprised.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had checked with my Erie insurance and they said "No schools are covered". They have very low rates, so I wasn't too surprised.
Yeah Erie is cheap as crap. One of their clients smacked my Cadillac in the ass and I was driving a fiat for 6 ******* weeks. The last car you want to be in after being rear ended. Slow as constipation and the rear bumper feels like it’s in front of the back seat. I added $50/week rental to my own insurance after that. Now I have multiple vehicles so I don’t bother.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Probably best to ratchet strap the sheep down in the back seat area, both seats folded up.

So I’ve heard.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah Erie is cheap as crap. One of their clients smacked my Cadillac in the ass and I was driving a fiat for 6 ******* weeks. The last car you want to be in after being rear ended. Slow as constipation and the rear bumper feels like it’s in front of the back seat. I added $50/week rental to my own insurance after that. Now I have multiple vehicles so I don’t bother.
The worst loaner I ever got, by a HUGE margin, was a later '90's Ford Aspire. When I took it back I asked the dealer if the car was "Aspiring" to be a real car one day. My ex kept yelling at me to slow down when I was going the speed limit, it was so junky it felt life threatening at speed limits.