Anyone getting toppers(truck caps) for their G3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been getting the Peragon tonneau cover for my last 3 pickups, and am debating on trying a topper this time around. anyone have any good pro's/con's to take into consideration?

I'm thinking of trying the A.R.E. CX Revo since it follows the curve of the tailgate. and then i'll blend my own graphics into the topper.

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
I ordered the Bak Rolling X4s. I have the X4 on my current lariat and love it. This new version fixes allot of the things I wished it had.

jikjak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I kept the Bakflip MX4 that I had on my Gen2. Hopefully it will fit, if not im thinking to try one of those rolling or retractable covers.

heybear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here let me drive this conversation completely off the cliff. How about a real raptor suv?

presently on a road trip with the bride. chose the big bad suburban (2013 3/4t lifted) over raptor because of more secure space and continuous space.

YMMV but the fact that Excursions are selling for stupid money tells me there is still a marker for truck based SUVs.

and now back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Admin.RealTruck

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I kept the Bakflip MX4 that I had on my Gen2. Hopefully it will fit, if not im thinking to try one of those rolling or retractable covers.
Unfortunately, it will not be transferrable. There were just enough slight changes for it to not fit properly, this is something common we see with every vehicle manufacturer. They change just enough on different generations to make the customer have to buy new products as well.
When you are ready to look at a new cover, whether it be BAK, Retrax, or any of the other covers/products we carry, reach out to me and I will get you some great forum-only pricing on these items!

Brownie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone's even buying these. I still have yet to see these in the real world.

I'm looking more for function.

I would like to keep the dogs out of the front cab on this one, and hoping to keep them in the bed.
Exactly! I have 2 chocolate labs, and they have covered my Avalanche's back seat with hair. No amount of vacuuming helps.

I've actually contacted the makers of this cap. They're waiting to make sure the Raptor bed matches the other f150s