GEN 2 Anyone ever mounted Diode Dynamics SSC2 flush mounts lights in rear bumper?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever mounted Diode Dynamics SSC2 flush mounts lights in the rear bumper? Can you post pics of them, if so?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I've not but no reason you can't do it. We offer a Baja Designs Flush kit which is essentially the same thing, only different wiring (Baja uses a WP connector, Diode uses a DT connector)

We're a big Diode Dynamics dealer here, so if you have your heart set on the new SS2 instead of Baja, shoot me a message. We'll price out the kit for you

OP
OP
Ski4Ever

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My main reason for switching (I have a set of BD S2 Sports mounted under my bumper now) is that I like the idea of having the DD SSC2 with the red backlight, essentially acting as additional taillights. I'm just not sure if the DD SSC2s would fit in the bumper, since they're a little bigger than the BD S2s. I need to print out the DD template and go hold it up to my bumper to test it. It's the slight curve in the bumper that makes me wonder how it would work...

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ahh, yeah in that case the opening might be different naturally. Two different manufacturers.

OP
OP
Ski4Ever

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, they're definitely different openings. The DD SSC2 is a bit bigger than the BD S2 for sure. My current lights are mounted under the bumper, so I'm just trying to decide if I want to mount some SSC2s down there, or directly in the bumper this time.

gsxraptor

Reaction score
I bought the same lights also with the red LED backlight. I have not installed them yet but they will be installed with the ADD rear bumper. I am hoping everything fits when I go to install.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FYI - I installed the BD S1s flush in the bumper. They don't sit perfectly flat and I assume since the DD lights are bigger, they probably don't sit flat either.

I tightened the mounting screws so that they pulled the bezel flat. It was like 1/32". Are the DD light housings plastic?

OP
OP
Ski4Ever

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI - I installed the BD S1s flush in the bumper. They don't sit perfectly flat and I assume since the DD lights are bigger, they probably don't sit flat either.

I tightened the mounting screws so that they pulled the bezel flat. It was like 1/32". Are the DD light housings plastic?
I’m not sure. I don’t have the lights yet…I think I might just get the regular mount and mount them under the bumper like I currently have them. It looks like they would stick out from the bumper about 1/4” or so when flush mounted, and I’m not sure if I like that or not. Any chance you can confirm how much the light would stick out past the bumper? Thanks!

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m not sure. I don’t have the lights yet…I think I might just get the regular mount and mount them under the bumper like I currently have them. It looks like they would stick out from the bumper about 1/4” or so when flush mounted, and I’m not sure if I like that or not. Any chance you can confirm how much the light would stick out past the bumper? Thanks!
Looks like 1/4”. I have the S1s not the DD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free