Anyone ever do a trade in out of state?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do dealers out of state do trade ins without looking at them? I have a mint 2017 Sierra that I’m sure someone would want. Problem is all the good deals are out of state. Found a truck in Oklahoma but it’s like 24 hrs from me. Lol. 701132C7-7603-46D9-9A31-4D0F7D6EE100.jpeg A7E0FD3C-2DF3-4643-BF1F-36880214A988.jpeg F1435F12-FB52-4168-BE21-525C80687C94.jpeg

Last edited:

tom wansor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a trade in from home state of NY to Ohio. Gave me 3 k more for trade then best deal from any local stealer.

tom wansor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove their, flew back before the China virus. Truck came in and I rented Enterprise car and left at dealership and drove truck home. Dealer was 6 hrs away

SoxFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have done several, I always start negation on the new truck and then introduce the trade in, we usually settle in a reasonable range on the trade in, its hard to tell the dealership your truck is pristine, all trade ins are pristine from the owner. I have yet to not be given better than fair market value for any of mine. Do your best to negotiate prior to arrival, that way you at least have the knowledge of what you will be getting in trade. Good luck and post pictures of your new truck!!

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the market the way it is currently I think you’d do fine just selling the trade in privately and then buying the Raptor out of state.

Reaction score
While our trade was in state we answered a series of questions about our trade, got a price, went to the dealer and they verified that everything was correct and honored the negotiated trade. Got in our new 2020 802A Magnetic and drove home.

OP
OP
M

McM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just went to my local dealer for a test drive with the wife. He offered me 30k for mine and full price 71k for the raptor. Asked me where I needed to be on mine. I said 35k and think would have done it, but would not budge in the 71k. The wife wasn’t 100% happy with the ride also, so I have another thing now to negotiate. .

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Always negotiate the new vehicle price first then add trade into the discussion after. It seems like there is less room for dealership dumbfuckery that way.

OP
OP
M

McM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Always negotiate the new vehicle price first then add trade into the discussion after. It seems like there is less room for dealership dumbfuckery that way.
Yes. Never mentioned I had a trade when I got there he said the price is the price. Then I brought up trade. Just wanted to see what he offered.