GEN 2 Anyone else waiting for Deavers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tlh235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All is right in the world....:)

91c042af43ea55c81f25f67d6d880870.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

are you spraying them down with the Amsoil prior to install or do you do it afterwards. I've read that you do it like a day prior ....i just picked up a can and gonna run it to my local shop for when my deavers are delivered. Want to be sure they are adding it at the right time.

OP
OP
brettmess24

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are you spraying them down with the Amsoil prior to install or do you do it afterwards. I've read that you do it like a day prior ....i just picked up a can and gonna run it to my local shop for when my deavers are delivered. Want to be sure they are adding it at the right time.

Needs 12 hours to be completely dry so definitely a good coat before install. Minimum two hours before handling. The more time you give them to dry the better.

I coated one side really well last night and will flip and do the other side tonight. I will do the install Friday or Saturday morning.

Tlh235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Needs 12 hours to be completely dry so definitely a good coat before install. Minimum two hours before handling. The more time you give them to dry the better.

I coated one side really well last night and will flip and do the other side tonight. I will do the install Friday or Saturday morning.

Gotcha Thanks...is just one can enough for both. I only picked up one can.

OP
OP
brettmess24

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha Thanks...is just one can enough for both. I only picked up one can.

I would pick up one more can, for future use and to be sure you have enough as they are a pain to coat once on the truck.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
... as they are a pain to coat once on the truck.

I did NOT do this to mine and they are already installed. :mad:

Is this mainly for people living in the northern states? Texas does not salt their roads and I rarely go down to the ocean, so I am hoping rust will not be a problem for mine.

Attachments

• Raptor 2018 Deaver +3.jpg
    Raptor 2018 Deaver +3.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 19

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ i did not do mine either and I live in So Cal purchased and had my springs installed at Deaver they said I did not need to do anything to these springs. I would say it is mainly for wet locations with snow/ salt as well.

OP
OP
brettmess24

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah your probably ok in Texas, I’m in WI salt is terrible.

D

Deleted member 12951

Its cheap insurance to prevent any rust from moisture. AMSOIL HDMP works very well on these and doesn’t collect dirt plus it makes them look new.