Anyone else thinking EV swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
However, one of the race vehicles in last year's Dakar Rally was an EV with a 4-cylinder motor under the hood turning an alternator to recharge the battery while rolling. The combination simplified the driveline and extended the range. That kind of setup might work, but battery technology remains the limiting factor for now.
This. I think full EV in the next 13 years is a pipe dream. I predict that we'll end up here by default. The good news for us is that dinosaur juice will still be widely available.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This. I think full EV in the next 13 years is a pipe dream. I predict that we'll end up here by default. The good news for us is that dinosaur juice will still be widely available.
It HAS to be. Except for nuclear powered submarines and aircraft carriers, the entire Department of Defense as well as the Coast Guard runs on fossil fuels.

OP
OP
B

BlueOvalF22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EV has to come a long way from where it's currently at before I would consider it. My electric lawn mower, blower and weed trimmer work great because the charger is right there in my garage. Try driving thru Wyoming or Kansas in an EV vehicle!

I'm not going to consider it until there are crashed lightning to get parts from at the same time I have a nonrunning V8.

So far its got 180,000+ miles and still peels out 11's

I guess when there are crashed lightning trucks around I guess ADV, is going to have fenders and bedsides so its probably better to start with a lighting.

A raptor H&M width LT kit will fit the front and I could chop, weld, and graft in a more robust and longer travel class 1 trailing arm rear suspension.

Fords first V8, the flathead ony made 65hp. I expect EV's to make giant leaps fast.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score