Anyone else hear Fords ditching Leadfoot and Velocity Blue for 2022?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jake226

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a magnetic 2019 and loved it. Was upset I couldn’t get a Gen 3 in it. Always really enjoyed the trim being the same color as the body.

As for the two rumored blues? Gag me with a $&@“ing spoon. Ice blue (if it’s anything like what Ford has released before) looks like a periwinkle Prius color.

3266CA1B-D851-4F85-BD1A-ED70D96E5869.jpeg

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If true, Ford will add another blue that is very close to Velocity and a gray that is indistinguishable from Leadfoot.

jjm047

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a magnetic 2019 and loved it. Was upset I couldn’t get a Gen 3 in it. Always really enjoyed the trim being the same color as the body.

As for the two rumored blues? Gag me with a $&@“ing spoon. Ice blue (if it’s anything like what Ford has released before) looks like a periwinkle Prius color.

View attachment 319327
Oh my god that is awful.

Olsen Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I swear after waiting till November to get our truck (ordered second week june) if they announce that 2022 is going to feature Avalanche/star white I am going to lose my mind! That color is stunning!

Our Gen 2 is Leadfoot. Its since been covered in Satin but it is a great color. We love it.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am I missing something? The article was about 2022 F-150s, it was posted on an F-150 forum and leadfoot was never an F-150 color (Abyss IIRC, close but a few shades lighter), so it'd make sense why dude who posted on FB didn't see Leadfoot.

Also with as limited as the MY21 Raptor rollout has been it doesn't make sense to switch colors before people's orders have been filled. Also what @Ragnar said... dealers don't know their *** from a hole in the ground.

metalwhiz

Reaction score
Am I missing something? The article was about 2022 F-150s, it was posted on an F-150 forum and leadfoot was never an F-150 color (Abyss IIRC, close but a few shades lighter), so it'd make sense why dude who posted on FB didn't see Leadfoot.

Also with as limited as the MY21 Raptor rollout has been it doesn't make sense to switch colors before people's orders have been filled. Also what @Ragnar said... dealers don't know their *** from a hole in the ground.
I know Leadfoot was a color on 2018 F-150's. Test drove one in 2018 before deciding on a Raptor. See a lot of them on the road.