Anyone else having this issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

Chitownhustla

Reaction score
Legitimately sounds like something is off. Let us know what your mechanic says.

Some guys on here said their tires were way out of balance. Any vibration at high speeds? Something else to consider.

No vibrations at any other time, the ride of this car is smooth as butter and the shifting through the gears has been smooth as well.

I have two complaints, everything else about this truck is amazing.

1, the exhaust- but I knew that going in and to be honest I was not happy with the exhaust when my gen1 can from the factory. took two tries to get the sound I wanted. not sure if I can get the sound better on this new set up but wont be the end of the world

2. the start /stop - hopefully I can get this fixed or just keep it turned off.

Ill keep you guys updated on the start/stop if anything is figured out.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Turn off the feature. Probably.saves a gallon a year.

Actually no, most tests show auto start stop saves ~8%-12%.

With a 36 gallon tank youll save roughly 3.6 gallons per tank or ~$8-$11 depending on current fuel costs.

That can add up to a significant cost savings at the end of the year.

Obviously your mileage may vary but its a lot more than a gallon per year especially for larger areas with a lot of commuters sitting in stop and go traffic everyday.

To OP....Take it in, it shouldnt shake or vibrate, you should barely notice it.

Last edited:

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might be a difference in the motor mounts between Raptors and other f150 models. Raptors have the unique frame in the model line.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree with ZaneMaster, when working properly, it should be transparent. Take it in.

Mr Roarke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually no, most tests show auto start stop saves ~8%-12%.

With a 36 gallon tank youll save roughly 3.6 gallons per tank or ~$8-$11 depending on current fuel costs.

That can add up to a significant cost savings at the end of the year.

Obviously your mileage may vary but its a lot more than a gallon per year especially for larger areas with a lot of commuters sitting in stop and go traffic everyday.

To OP....Take it in, it should shake or vibrate, you should barely notice it.

It was a joke. Even though I know it won't save me much more than that. The 1 gallon a tank it may save me with my driving as I'm 95% highway or offroad, the ware it causes over time isn't really worth it to me personally. I'll shut mine off each time I get in the car. I may one day leave it on just to see how it behaves. Right out of the dealership mines going off.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It was a joke. Even though I know it won't save me much more than that. The 1 gallon a tank it may save me with my driving as I'm 95% highway or offroad, the ware it causes over time isn't really worth it to me personally. I'll shut mine off each time I get in the car. I may one day leave it on just to see how it behaves. Right out of the dealership mines going off.

Starters will have a hard time but this isnt new tech and everything has been beefed up to help mitigate any accelerated wear and tear.

Start stop is weird at first but you get used to it. Bunch of people I know all said they hated it first but dont even notice it anymore.

Mr Roarke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's probably a feature I'd get used to if I was city driving with lots of stoplights. 15,000 miles/year and saving $200 to $400/year would be bennificial to some. Over the life of the truck with 150,000 miles that's 2,000 to 4,000 saving. If it means getting 150,000 trouble free miles or 150,000 miles and a couple trips to the dealer for parts and service that takes away a 1,000 or so, and my time which is much more valuable, I'd rather do without. The potential savings vs trouble isn't worth it to me, personally at that price point. If gas goes thru the roof, then I'll leave it on.