Anyone else having this issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chitownhustla

Reaction score
When you come to stop and the engine shut offs, do you guys notice it? A vibrations and the same but only harder when it starts back up.

All my other buddies that have non-raptor ecco boosts say they never notice it, mine is very noticeable, to the point of annoying.

krodUT

Reaction score
Mine makes a quick little vibration when it turns back on as well; it's soft but normal

For reference I have a 2015 BMW with auto start/stop and it behaves the same way.

I don't question it.

OP
OP
C

Chitownhustla

Reaction score
Mine makes a quick little vibration when it turns back on as well; it's soft but normal

For reference I have a 2015 BMW with auto start/stop and it behaves the same way.

I don't question it.

I took it to my Ford mechanic, he is the only guy I let work on any of my trucks, so clearly I trust him. He thinks its a bit too much compared to other eccoboost but his dealership got a another 17 Raptor in yesterday and it does the same thing as mine.

My start and stop is not a light vibration, its VERY noticeable. He is calling Ford to check to make sure.

pinoybruin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same vibration but got use to it. I am wondering how much gas you save as I debated on turning it off.

OP
OP
C

Chitownhustla

Reaction score
I have the same vibration but got use to it. I am wondering how much gas you save as I debated on turning it off.

From the article the OP posted it looks like anywhere from 9 to 12 percent depending on your driving conditions IE stop signs vs stop lights. If you are constantly just coming to a stop sign and going there wont be much savings but if you spend a lot of time at lights you could see some savings.

I didn't buy this truck worried about MPG, knew it would be better than my GEN 1 which is nice but not why I bought it. I had heard from most of my friends that bought eccoboost F150's that the mpg really wasn't that great to begin with.

This start stop vibration at every light does suck. I could deal with a small vibration but my truck literally shakes every stop light when it shuts off and turns back on.

johnjoemd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the article the OP posted it looks like anywhere from 9 to 12 percent depending on your driving conditions IE stop signs vs stop lights. If you are constantly just coming to a stop sign and going there wont be much savings but if you spend a lot of time at lights you could see some savings.

I didn't buy this truck worried about MPG, knew it would be better than my GEN 1 which is nice but not why I bought it. I had heard from most of my friends that bought eccoboost F150's that the mpg really wasn't that great to begin with.

This start stop vibration at every light does suck. I could deal with a small vibration but my truck literally shakes every stop light when it shuts off and turns back on.

Legitimately sounds like something is off. Let us know what your mechanic says.

Some guys on here said their tires were way out of balance. Any vibration at high speeds? Something else to consider.