Anyone else have their ambient interior lights randomly reset to off?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was going to get on here and post the same question. I noticed mine were off tonight when we were out looking at Christmas lights. It's only the 2nd time it has happened, but still strange...

ACE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2020 802A just did it. I got the preserving battery alert from FordPass too.
I was able to adjust the settings But now my cup holder lights are flickering on and off. It stays on for like 5min and then it goes off for about 15sec and then comes back on. All the other blue lights are working normally. Any of you heard of that? What I’ve seen so far on FRF is that they are completely out.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just bought a new 2020 (am new to the Truck and the Forum) and was just posting this question in another spot. Another member helped me get to the Synch menu to adjust it. I think in my case it was due to a battery disconnect as right after I bout the truck I had some mods done (including exterior/aux lighting) and it reset to essentially off. Was about to be pretty disappointed in a glitch (however small) in a brand new and expensive truck. Small issue but any issue in a brand new truck is frustrating.

Jcro0311

Reaction score
Guys, I’m sorry, I just posted a question a few minutes ago about the 2017 I just bought.

are the blue interior lights/cup holder lights supposed to stay on while driving or do they shut off when the doors close and you go to take off. I’m looking to leave mine on while driving. Which is which and can the 17 be programmed to stay on while driving? I love it until it shuts off. Had the truck a month and only really drive at night when I hit the gym.
Anyone? Thanks

LeadFootLarry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Add me to the category of lights randomly set to off. Third time it’s happened. Not sure why they get set to off when the default setting is halfway..

LeadFootLarry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone who experiences this issue control their lights with the lamp control knob? i.e switching from auto to markers or turning lights off completely? It seems that it has been causing my intermittent issue and when I leave the lights in auto it doesn’t happen, generally speaking