Anyone else have the Icon Bumpstop??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tactical Sommelier

Full Access Member
Reaction score
_aFC0x0xnLN8CScUeXo9_tfKaRRUDGwAES4Gakg6xoxQMaiMgx-BWx1nJgbXHbgUEWv6JoKbDCCiSeZ65OeexBZ_E-G3JRDqykU6e_AwVgdoobyFr8wUpZO_wpdnrMPjmvS-GxBJ_PCUQBaQe3qRCdK2g-7eaxNIx-sQLgWsDrWrRN1428m1qRyVXU2nuXHtdcRq_1T17BErweG41TYnOsSg387pjmGHPSwp25dD7vTRcdSo4CBAtONoU8WNH1FGeQz31wFo-SXpk1_hulga_tItNXRw9M2Af85U0XvQ6jicydIyolHTvBh9dcrwR98aHjUk_f99nksznRVkQQmy6y33CgEO9IVR6JksLYvJ15i_VqyBoK55HifkLy3MBsN4BBYJCQbwwA-Uog8atktNsvReYqxq6q3RYrx-oW0lIcHIvYJAxuFWWlgduxyVcVwdTj6tnfScFQNd5DUehqrm21Cb2cjyAyRclmK0mXQFV8UA7xAH92OANG4HcGPwh0kW99T8xswG7er52XnCjCYZpPgIoIrbElKEdHt2PS4PBmlckrMCZQghK5bZH-HqfCGNNe7_zDs4FbranYLE8kDGi_6koGBKcbTx78B8Hfw=w2080-h1388-no

Interested to hear feedback on the these and on other sets available?

Swarfworks

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just installed mine two days ago. Heading out to test them in a few hours. Will report.

Attachments

• 69044C5F-3F62-46AF-8367-C2A8CC7F4BB3.jpg
    69044C5F-3F62-46AF-8367-C2A8CC7F4BB3.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 101

trophycummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Icon design is really nice. One of our shop trucks has an Icon RXT package.

The only downside is the install is the worst one of any of the bump kits. Getting the inner and outer frame mounts to line up and getting some of the hardware in is a pain in the ass.

I did my SVC bump kit in a third of the time it takes us to do an Icon kit.

Riddick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree @trophycummins. Was the biggest pain in the ass to get everything all lined up and clear the exhaust, but will say I really like the ride. No issues whatsoever. Eye candy that no one will ever see. I would recommend looking at the SVC as well.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Icon design is really nice. One of our shop trucks has an Icon RXT package.

The only downside is the install is the worst one of any of the bump kits. Getting the inner and outer frame mounts to line up and getting some of the hardware in is a pain in the ass.

I did my SVC bump kit in a third of the time it takes us to do an Icon kit.

Wow looking at the icon I would have thought it was an easier install than the svc! The svc kit is awesome and have no complaints other than the gold collars on the fox ifp...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swarfworks

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn’t think the install was difficult. There were a couple holes that would have been nice if they had a little more tolerance, but not bad.

So, I put about 500 off-road miles on it this past weekend. I pushed the o-ring against the body of the bump stop for a witness. Jumped it probably about 10 times. It only compressed the bumps about half of the 2.5” stroke. I’m running +3 HD Deavers with a 1” block (should have went with +4 Deavers). So not sure if that accounts for it not using much of the bump stroke.

Anyway, overall it’s a really high quality kit. Time will tell how it performs. I think I’d rather have the bump stop itself be top-mounted like the RPG. Don’t exactly care for the clamp style that Icon chose.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I didn’t think the install was difficult. There were a couple holes that would have been nice if they had a little more tolerance, but not bad.

So, I put about 500 off-road miles on it this past weekend. I pushed the o-ring against the body of the bump stop for a witness. Jumped it probably about 10 times. It only compressed the bumps about half of the 2.5” stroke. I’m running +3 HD Deavers with a 1” block (should have went with +4 Deavers). So not sure if that accounts for it not using much of the bump stroke.

Anyway, overall it’s a really high quality kit. Time will tell how it performs. I think I’d rather have the bump stop itself be top-mounted like the RPG. Don’t exactly care for the clamp style that Icon chose.

I went with Deaver +3s and the RPG bump stops for mine and I really like the way they are mounted. I did not realize the Icon's were clamp style.

What did you do up front and what size tires are you running? Also, do you have any full pictures of your truck?