Anyone else have headlights that look like this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorVA

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
20210328_162721.jpg
This is my passenger side headlight. I don't remember anything hitting me but who knows. Light still works so just looks ugly for now. I'll see how long I can hold out before I jump on some Morimoto's. Dont mind the reflection of that good looking fellow in there...

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If there was no impact to the headlamp, that condition is called microcracking. It occurs as small cracks on the inside of the lens that cannot be felt on the outside. They don't go all the way through the plastic so it won't cause a water leak. Various factors can contribute to it occurring.

Jules Martin

Reaction score
I took my 2014 to the dealership for maintenance. When I dropped it of the headlights were fine. When I go back a couple days later to pick it up, both headlights had a lot of that "microcracking". More than in your picture. I showed it to them and they look at me like I am crazy. And I know I look crazy or stupid because that should occur over more than a couple days. Of course I can't prove anything and they want to sell me new ones for $1600. To this day it is still a mystery to me and am still pissed about it.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I took my 2014 to the dealership for maintenance. When I dropped it of the headlights were fine. When I go back a couple days later to pick it up, both headlights had a lot of that "microcracking". More than in your picture. I showed it to them and they look at me like I am crazy. And I know I look crazy or stupid because that should occur over more than a couple days. Of course I can't prove anything and they want to sell me new ones for $1600. To this day it is still a mystery to me and am still pissed about it.

Bet somebody did a swap a roo on you. I have slight micro cracking 2014 lights on my 2010. Due to sun and UV . I'm thinking

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have it too on my 14.

Oh well, light still works and I like the OEMs HIDs to change them out right now.

Truck has pinstrips, broken bed cover(testing out 3.0's with it was a bad idea) and some rust in the engine bay. So, quite the fix it list before the plastic lens gets fixed

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of my tail lights did the same thing, micro cracking.. of course replacing a tail light is insanely cheaper than headlights.

W0n70n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has the yellowing but not crazed like his.
I tried polishing it, but it’s still there
View attachment 164950
Unfortunately the yellowing is from UV damage from the damaged clear coat and the plastic is permanently yellowed. You can wet sand and re-clear coat the light but make sure that there is always uv stable clear coat or it will yellow within a day or so in a sunny day.