Anyone do a 2nd gen spindle swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueOvalF22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My original build plan was changed since I'm moving away from the desert.

So I'm keeping the deavers, track bars and SVC ABS. The bypass rack and front LT plans are something not really fitting to the trucks actual use now.

So upfront I'm thinking KHC 2G conversion bucket, a Camburg 2gen tubular arm w 1.25 ball and 2nd gen knuckles and LCA's

The kinetik billet UCA's I just sold are more hard core but the tube arms with poly bushings are going to be nicer on the road.

With 2gens getting LT's takeoffs are around and it seems like a low cost way to pick up a couple inches of travel.

OP
OP
B

BlueOvalF22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK looks like the 1 G spindles are better in stock form and to get the most strength with the OEM bead lock offset any change should be to fabricated 1 gen spindles and fabricated lower arms.

Answered my own.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
2nd gen spindles are wet noodles. stick with yours and do a gusset kit on em.

Gen 2 lowers are in high demand and disappear quite quickly.

OP
OP
B

BlueOvalF22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll start with the upper arms but will likely end up adding Camburg fabbed LCA's and spindles.

Low mile 2 g shocks for now but eventually end up with dual c/o + bypass shock front and 16" bypass under the bed in the rear.

Max, I can do with stock track width and a usable bed.

I'm glad I had the bed cage in for a while before I did shocks because I realized I needed the bed and was able to sell the rack and 3.5's to change course.

TCR 223

Reaction score
Im listening.... kinda in the same boat... SoCal to east TN and my build list has changed... any pics of the gen2 front suspension on the gen 1 truck?

OP
OP
B

BlueOvalF22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Screenshot_20200518-185849_2__30707.1589893372.png

It's really just an upper control arm and the upper shock mount with 2nd gen takeoff shocks. 2nd gen upgraded shocks or even
coil-overs with a conversion hat can be swapped in later so it's a quick cheap way to replace blown out stock shocks that can be upgraded from.

It will fit with a stock UCA but the upper ball joint is the weakest stock part.

20201108_224914-jpg.156088