Anyone consider/test drive a TRX, Gen 2 vs. Gen 3 Raptor, and Raptor R?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There’s a reason those dealers are allowing orders at $10k off msrp. Their long game is that there will be a percentage of orders where the buyer falls through whether their mother won’t let them buy, finance changes,etc. and the dealer will be able to sell those trucks (that they otherwise would not have been able to order) and sell at MSRP or potentially plus ADM.) Good for them figuring this mess out across multiple OEMs....

It’s a win for the dealer and a win for those of us who ordered and are willing to wait for the build.

OEMs are prioritizing customer orders over dealer stock orders.

It has nothing to due with current or future value, or future availability.

Last edited:

ddigler666

Reaction score
I've had Gen 1 and Gen 2 and enjoyed them both for the time I had them. Then when the TRX came out I just had to have it and since April it's absolutely been a blast to drive. Now that didn't stop me from picking up an AMB with 37" package which has also been fun to drive too. I personally like both trucks for what they are " Two Bad *** Truck" and not planning on selling either yet. My Trx is pretty much done with ADD bumpers, lights, level kit and Method Wheel. AMB just got Method wheels with ADD Rigid bumper on order, and perch kit coming from RPG.

Cheers
ddigler666

84 Sheepdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I traded my Gen 2 in on a '22 TRX a couple weeks ago. The Raptor was a great truck but the TRX is on another level. Yes it's heavier and gets slightly worse mileage but it's a hell of a lot more fun to drive. I already have 2,500 miles on it and have had zero issues other than a Uconnect bug that was easily fixed with a software update. Ironically the day I brought it home I received the notification from Ford regarding how they are going to handle the cam phaser issue. The fact that they are only covering it 100% up to 70k miles certainly made me glad I no longer own the Raptor.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
What was your around town mileage like in the Raptor, I currently get about 14mpg without much highway driving.
In town I was around 15mpg in the Raptor. I usually don’t have much traffic going to work (I leave by 6am), and there aren’t a lot of stop lights on my commute. Average speed limit for my drive is 35mph.

ghost410

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish everyone pining for a V8 would just go buy a TRX and be done with it. It would send a message that even Ford couldn't miss. With all the garbage going on these days, an R for MSRP any time before 2024 is a pipe dream. Might as well drive the TRX for three years and then switch back. Given what StellFCADodge has done on other Hellcat vehicles, TRXs going for below invoice means that they're on the edge of being disco'ed. Might as well grab one while you can.
My current plan exactly. After discounts I can get into a trx for 75. That’s hard to argue with. Id much rather the raptor r but unfortunately it’s just not available

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I traded my Gen 2 in on a '22 TRX a couple weeks ago. The Raptor was a great truck but the TRX is on another level. Yes it's heavier and gets slightly worse mileage but it's a hell of a lot more fun to drive. I already have 2,500 miles on it and have had zero issues other than a Uconnect bug that was easily fixed with a software update. Ironically the day I brought it home I received the notification from Ford regarding how they are going to handle the cam phaser issue. The fact that they are only covering it 100% up to 70k miles certainly made me glad I no longer own the Raptor.
Pics!

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally, I think they have more to do with the people that are building the trucks than the trucks/parts themselves as many of the reported problems on both platforms are QC-related. So far my TRX has been perfect.
I think that being forced to work with a face diaper that restricts the free flow of oxygen, and makes you rebreathe your own carbon dioxide all day every day could be taking its toll on the factory employees. I couldn’t imagine doing any kind of job that makes you wear a face diaper.

ihoffland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I considered a TRX but after driving a Rebel, which felt like a giant boat, seeing gas milage and looking at all the issues like engine squeak guys are having on the TRX forum, I opted for the Raptor.
Plus when they Dyno'd the gen 3 it made a ton of power that Ford isn't letting on to.

CINISI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that being forced to work with a face diaper that restricts the free flow of oxygen, and makes you rebreathe your own carbon dioxide all day every day could be taking its toll on the factory employees. I couldn’t imagine doing any kind of job that makes you wear a face diaper.
Sheesh ..can you imagine the brain damage it has caused health care workers since ...well the beginning of the health care industry.
I mean all the surgerys that have been performed on people all these years while wearing these "face diapers" must have certainly caused issues with the majority of the population.
So much so that "face diapers" have become a standard in order to catch all the verbal diarrhea spewing from the mouths of the mentally infected. :chair:

Last edited: