Anyone bought these yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I always laugh, good naturedly, of course, when I read comments about how anyone in their right mind would spend a thousand on something, or whatever the amount may be.

Now, I’m not rich. I’m not poor either. But I have some friends who are indeed rich. And for them to spend a thousand dollars is like me spending ten dollars. A childhood friend of mine has more money than he knows what to do with, is very generous, gives a lot to charity, and thinks nothing of indulging his gambling habit on sports, etc. for me to lose $200 in Vegas recently at SEMA did not make me happy. He loves the thrill and couldn’t care less if he dropped 50 grand betting football.

Everything is relative.

Btw, I think that trim is ugly.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I tend to evaluate expenditures based on some common costs vs. the positive contributions the proposed modification will make in my life.

I’m figuring 1k equates to about 3.2 Raptor tires, delivered or almost 3 mounted and balanced. Or 2 tire swaps on one of my bikes. ~5,000 230 grain .451 FMJ projectiles, or about 15,000 .223 55g FJM projectiles.

The MTI behind the seat sub and amp came in close to 1k. Yup, almost a set of Raptor tires, but, definitely contributes to enhanced quality of life in the Rap. Admittedly, some of my mods don’t really pass this test. Let’s be honest, beyond the SAE or possibly the wide corner squadrons, all of my Baja Designs lights were completely discretionary and really they’re not enhancing my day to day life. buuuuuuttttt when I am able to light ‘em up, it’s pretty impressive.

you’re right, everything is relative and context is different for all of us. Some might look at the subject of this thread and think “Must have.” I don’t fall into that group, but if someone does, more power to them.

borzraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn it's just some carbon fiber trim, why are you guys overthinking it lol? Nobody cars about what you think of the price. He asked whether you've bought it or not - @Brad_hartpro I'm looking into CF trims but these look pretty low quality. Haven't purchased and likely won't from them.

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sorry to say this, but that is an absolute rip off

Calponycars will be having the correct version for most raptors soon. I bought all the pieces that they have to sell that i would need to upgrade my raptor. Waiting to hear back when they will the replacement vent piece available to send to me.
I am happy with the quality and the price of their product.
I also did not receive any discounts or any incentives to post this..

https://calponycars.com/collections/ford-f-series
$499.99 ... they should have the raptor ones soon.
real carbon fiber, and not overlaid over oem.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
eh, i'm not one to talk about what one may choose to drop cash on. After all, at one point I had full carbon fiber fenders and bedsides on my truck, dropped a grand on a CF hoodvent, then another 750 on CF side vents ( at the time, no one really made them.)

I absolutely destroyed the body panels within 2 baja runs, a side vent flew off the truck somewhere on i35 in dallas and all of the CF stuff will probably be off of my truck within the next 2-3 months.

I am just not a fan of the way those vents look, at any price.

Agswin

Reaction score
I bought the fake CF steering wheel insert from Amazon for $24. Perfect fit and nobody including myself can tell that it is not real. If you wanna get something real, get the full carbon fiber hood for $2000