Anybody replace 35” with 37” yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daaaaaan

Reaction score
For those who didnt want Blue interior, or couldnt find 37” allocation & ordered 35”.

Have you replaced the 35” with 37”? Think there will be any modification required?

MeFryRice

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 37" package includes chassis modifications to help prevent it from rubbing during compression. It's more than just simply offering a larger tire.

Stojanowski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 37" package includes chassis modifications to help prevent it from rubbing during compression. It's more than just simply offering a larger tire.
Yea we get all that... My power wagon came with 33s and I was able to squeeze 37s into it with no modification other than buying specific AEV wheels with a proper off set...

I think that is what OP is trying to figure out

G3RPTR

Reaction score
For those who didnt want Blue interior, or couldnt find 37” allocation & ordered 35”.

Have you replaced the 35” with 37”? Think there will be any modification required?
I’m putting 37”s on my 35” in 2 weeks once the tires, wheels, and RPG leveling kit arrives. I will post pictures once it’s done. I don’t foresee any fitment issues, but we’ll find out soon.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m putting 37”s on my 35” in 2 weeks once the tires, wheels, and RPG leveling kit arrives. I will post pictures once it’s done. I don’t foresee any fitment issues, but we’ll find out soon.
Welcome to the place, introduce yourself in the newbie section and post some pics for us!

4x4ready

Reaction score

My understanding, based on the explaination from an engineer on the Ford teams seen in this TFLTalk video, is that the chassis change was to accommodate the spare tire. Clearance issues were addressed by additional lift and (I think) the 4mm offset difference in the wheels. The shocks are different but could be purchased technically.

The engineer explains specifically for 35" Raptor owners going to 37" (video clip here) that the 1 thing you won't get is fitting the spare tire in the stock location.

My spare is going on a swing arm so was going to go 37s on mine.

Last edited:

Stojanowski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My understanding, based on the explaination from an engineer on the Ford teams seen in this TFLTalk video, is that the chassis change was to accommodate the spare tire. Clearance issues were addressed by additional lift and (I think) the 4mm offset difference in the wheels. The shocks are different but could be purchased technically.

The engineer explains specifically for 35" Raptor owners going to 37" (video clip here) that the 1 thing you won't get is fitting the spare tire in the stock location.

My spare is going on a swing arm so was going to go 37s on mine.
I don't like losing the rear camera with a swing arm.... Thinking of a bed mount and no cover on this truck

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And if you off-road your truck with 37s you will find out quickly that you are going to have issues.

Metronome

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's really mostly "just a larger tire". The chassis modification is just for the spare tire, no other modifications. The shock is SLIGHTLY different in the front and no different in the rear. I would imagine either a stiffer coil in the front (Eibach or Geiser) or RPG perch collar will suffice to put 37's on the 35 truck. The bigger concern should be the fact the gearing remains the same whether you have 35s or 37s...Gen 2s struggled with top end when 37s were added and a host of other issues with wear and tear on the truck. If it's your daily driver, a 35 is likely a better option. I'm still debating what I'm going to do with my Gen 3 when it arrives in a few weeks.