GEN 2 Anybody Know This Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
WHYUMAD

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck has been there awhile so they may be willing to deal. It’s been awhile since I’ve looked at it in person but if that’s your style, give it a shot. Again, been there awhile.

Yeah, been seeing it on CarGurus for a few months now. I am talking to my salesman over there now.

It’s not totally my style, as I was wanting the ADD PRO Front/Rear Bumpers or the SVC Baja Front/Rear Bumpers...but this is a really good deal with everything done to it & the low mileage. If I swap out the grille to stock & take the decals off, I think it will look pretty sharp & won’t really have to worry about suspension at all. I’d also swap out those rims/tires for some Zephyr Beadlocks w/37” Toyo RTs. Other than that, I’d look at doing ADV fenders & bedsides.

I mean..there’s very little difference between the ‘18 & ‘19/‘20s...especially if you swap out the electronic shock setup that they come with stock.

THE ONLY ISSUE THOUGH..warranty. They can’t give me a hard “we will cover the powertrain if there’s ANY issue at all”. They can only say that they would pressure FORD hard to honor the powertrain warranty if any issues arise & that they never had any warranty issues with anything they’d put on aftermarket. They did the entire build, so that’s slightly relieving. It only has an intercooler, so I doubt that will cause any issue tbh. I was going to do minor bolt-ons, but nothing involving a tune.

To give you an idea of my style, here’s a few pics of my old procharged Gen 1 from 4-5 years back...

b1ba021790fde09dd2e027cc050ec8eb.jpgb0613a863540925ce4e7ba8f7a3a2d5d.jpg0ccc65002f500a518a06351ef3fe7472.jpg

Last edited:

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, been seeing it on CarGurus for a few months now. I am talking to my salesman over there now.

It’s not totally my style, as I was wanting the ADD PRO Front/Rear Bumpers or the SVC Baja Front/Rear Bumpers...but this is a really good deal with everything done to it & the low mileage. If I swap out the grille to stock & take the decals off, I think it will look pretty sharp & won’t really have to worry about suspension at all. I’d also swap out those rims/tires for some Zephyr Beadlocks w/37” Toyo RTs. Other than that, I’d look at doing ADV fenders & bedsides.

I mean..there’s very little difference between the ‘18 & ‘19/‘20s...especially if you swap out the electronic shock setup that they come with stock.

THE ONLY ISSUE THOUGH..warranty. They can’t give me a hard “we will cover the powertrain if there’s ANY issue at all”. They can only say that they would pressure FORD hard to honor the powertrain warranty if any issues arise & that they never had any warranty issues with anything they’d put on aftermarket. It only has an intercooler, so I doubt that will cause any issue tbh. I was going to do minor bolt-ons, but nothing involving a tune.

To give you an idea of my style, here’s a few pics of my old procharged Gen 1 from 4-5 years back...

b1ba021790fde09dd2e027cc050ec8eb.jpgb0613a863540925ce4e7ba8f7a3a2d5d.jpg0ccc65002f500a518a06351ef3fe7472.jpg

Dude....what's the matter with you? I would be keeping that Gen 1 with badass SC V8 and forgetting all about the crummy rig at the top of this thread....You had lightning in a bottle, and now you're looking at a lame-O V6? ??? :manos: PUHLEEEZE!!!!!!

:puke:

OP
OP
WHYUMAD

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude....what's the matter with you? I would be keeping that Gen 1 with badass SC V8 and forgetting all about the crummy rig at the top of this thread....You had lightning in a bottle, and now you're looking at a lame-O V6? ??? :manos: PUHLEEEZE!!!!!!

:puke:

I got rid of that thing in 2015 when it turned 60k miles & had a kid (supercabs aren’t that babyseat friendly). lol

It was bad ass & the big red race valve with manual shifting..bruh, it sounded like a street sweeper at 1800 rpms cruising around.

I do miss that truck tbh, but I’m cool with a lil ole V6...I got faster, better sounding stuff to drive if I want [emoji57]

59cf55002124c99918fac2177723df2c.jpg

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got rid of that thing in 2015 when it turned 60k miles & had a kid (supercabs aren’t that babyseat friendly). lol

It was bad ass & the big red race valve with manual shifting..bruh, it sounded like a street sweeper at 1800 rpms cruising around.

I do miss that truck tbh, but I’m cool with a lil ole V6...I got faster, better sounding stuff to drive if I want [emoji57]

59cf55002124c99918fac2177723df2c.jpg

Dude I'm crying for you....what a ****in letdown....working guys like me are dreaming of the ultimate V8 Raptor....I'll ----NEVER----settle for a V6.....I don't care about no Lambo either. A $50,000 Factory Five Cobra and you'll be in my rear view on any road that has even a moderate amount of turns....Rich people don't know what they have.

With your budget you can afford WAY BETTER than the POS at the top of this thread.....

Last edited by a moderator:

termite352

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ahh, I see. Now I understand why this has your interest peaked. Sarasota Fords custom shop, 707 Performance, has been subbing out a lot of vehicles with a ton of aftermarket items and covering every aspect of it. A friend bought a decked out F250 with suspension, rims etc and he's got a full warranty. Granted he bought it new but still, like you said, 10,000 miles is essentially new. Id keep pressing them on it. Its been sitting there way too long to let a powertrain warranty get in the way of a sale......IMHO.

OP
OP
WHYUMAD

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude I'm crying for you....what a ****** letdown....working guys like me are dreaming of the ultimate V8 Raptor....I'll ----NEVER----settle for a V6.....I don't care about no Lambo either. A $50,000 Factory Five Cobra and you'll be in my rear view on any road that has even a moderate amount of turns....Rich people don't know what they have.

With your budget you can afford WAY BETTER than the POS at the top of this thread.....

I’m good. I’ve had a 1200+ HP hellcat, 800+ HP GT500 with full griggs suspension, 800+ HP SRT Jeep, etc. I’ve been hustled as a kid, thinking I had more than what I actually had. I’ve have POS hondas beat my ‘Merican Muscle.

I’m not into turns..not into off-roading. I enjoy vehicles for both their aesthetics & capabilities. I haven’t used anything to its full potential other than doing a few highway pulls. I can build a Honda that’d shame that $50k cobra kit car for $25k & put it to shame. That Factory Five is cool, but has nothing on an Aventador S... It is beautifully engineered & the cool factor knocks anything in its price range out of the picture. Sure, the Mclaren 720S can beat it in a straight line, The GT2 RS can beat it on a track...that’s not why I bought it. I raced on Haynes & Almonaster (Street Outlaws New Orleans rings a bell?) & have been a car guy for a long time..I know what’s what & what everything can do. I could’ve gotten a Huracan & sent it to UGR for a 1800WHP twin turbo setup for $350k all in..but I chose to pay more for a car that I liked with only 740HP.

Of course I can buy a Tacoma & build it out to embarrass most Raptors out there, but I like the Raptor. This thing is pretty stout, & at this price...well, I can afford a stock brand new Raptor for $70-75k, so idk what other Gen 2 Raptor I can get for this price with this mileage with those mods. Not saying I’m getting it yet, but pleaseeee show me a Gen 2 in that price range that’s “way better”. I’ll wait.

OP
OP
WHYUMAD

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahh, I see. Now I understand why this has your interest peaked. Sarasota Fords custom shop, 707 Performance, has been subbing out a lot of vehicles with a ton of aftermarket items and covering every aspect of it. A friend bought a decked out F250 with suspension, rims etc and he's got a full warranty. Granted he bought it new but still, like you said, 10,000 miles is essentially new. Id keep pressing them on it. Its been sitting there way too long to let a powertrain warranty get in the way of a sale......IMHO.

I bought a platinum F450 from them last December... they do pretty good work. I would rather it be like 90% done, so this is definitely a good starting point for me & saves a bunch of headache & vehicle downtime.

I’m going to see if I can get them down to $70k..but $5k isn’t really a big deal tbh for a truck of this caliber imo...So honestly, I’m still 50/50 because of the warranty since I’m in New Orleans & deal with a different dealer for warranty work. If I can get Sarasota to put in writing that they’ll cover any powertrain warranty issues not covered by others, as long as I don’t do any other mods that would affect the powertrain warranty (i.e. tune, etc.)..then I’ll probably get the damn thing. If not, I can get a new one & just do the mods I want.

ef9967e858bb816c237d8afbbb995d45.jpg

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@WHYUMAD it really depends on the Ford dealer. My dealer covers everything for me and it’s no where near stock anything. They like that I actually use it and it sells trucks when it’s on their lot for service. I don’t see anything that they would deny warranty for and they would need to prove the mod caused the failure. Just buy it you know you want it.

OP
OP
WHYUMAD

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're not a car guy, you're a bling guy....I'm out.

And you’re a ******* idiot... hence why you couldn’t provide a Gen 2 with that mileage & those mods for the same price that’s supposedly “better”. You were just talking out of your ass the entire time, especially with that whole V8 ‘Merica spiel. I had it, I drove it, I got rid of it. WTF do you drive? Let’s see your builds...I can post a bunch of mine if you’d like. Then you can tell me how you know a guy that knows a guy... but what about you. [emoji196]☕

Edit: And holy shit!! After skimming through some of your previous posts, you are in fact one of those Ooga Booga chest pounders thinking their 6.2L Gen 1s are god’s gift to earth. Not to rain on your parade, but the 6.2L is a shit engine (I know, I boosted & built one) & cubic inches don’t mean much when you have a SOHC 2V engine. The 5.0L is lightyears ahead of the 6.2L engine. The only reason I’d pick a 6.2L over the 3.5L ecoboost is for the sound, other than that, the Gen 2 kicks the Gen 1’s ass in every other aspect...but please tell me how you can buy a 1000hp capable 6.2L (which you don’t have)..or how I can spend my money on an outdated Raptor to make it Baja capable for much cheaper. Shit, why don’t I just buy damn base 2002 F-150 & build it to get even more bang for my buck. I’m good. Keep drinking that ”...but she’s my 2nd cousin” Kool-Aid Bubba. You’re not a car guy, you’re a damn Flinstones feet powered Yabba Dabba Doo guy. [emoji1417]

Last edited: