Anybody else over the new Raptor R already?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I figured it's not necessary, I thought there was a flow advantage to equal length pipes. Hopefully it has the adjustable noise part.
I guess that really depends on necessary.

Stapleton42 (I think) has a ton of good videos on sound, equal length vs unequal, boom tubes, etc.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
theres really not that many unique parts between scab and screws.. the frame is unique yes, but its not like its a special cab.. they have a supercab f150, other than a driveshaft, shock tuning, spring rates and the frame, i dont see any major parts that need to be different between scab and screw. there's still 2 different frames with the gen3 and maybe even a seperate frame for the R..

when i said they are making a lot of bad moves i was talking about nameplate usages and basically gutting the heritage behind it. scab raptors are included in that heritage as it was all you could get when they came out.. its been abandoned like sticking mustang badges on an electric, 4 door SUV..
Supercab Raptors were unique entirely; no other F-150 had that body/chassis combination. I think they look great, but the take rate did not support it.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Supercab Raptors were unique entirely; no other F-150 had that body/chassis combination. I think they look great, but the take rate did not support it.
They had the cab, they had the bed
A short cab 6.5 bed has the same wheelbase and I'm pretty positive there was an 08 or 09 133 supercab f150...so there was a frame

1966 F100 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True, sound is of course subjective. Some guys on here have installed the SPD Trombone loop, but there are reports of drone at 2k with the factory muffler. I’m following those threads to see what comes of it, as the SPD videos sound very good.
I have the Raptor Crate engine in my '66 and built my own equal length exhaust. I think it sounds great and unlike any other 6 out there. With as much power as it puts down to the tire I could care less if it sounds like a v8 as it has it's own unique sound. Bang for the buck the v8's don't come close for the $$.

Me wanting a R version is the significance alone of having a 700 hp factory truck. I would not buy a new TRX if it were 50k. I would rather have a total stripped no or low option RaptorR but since the only way one can buy is pretty loaded that is ok too.