Anybody else over the new Raptor R already?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The sound is far from a “riced out Z”, unless you’re referring to an aftermarket exhaust? These trucks don’t sound anything like a rice burner, the only issue is the flat tone during acceleration, where you can tell the muffler/resonator are cancelling out a lot of sound.

The new exhaust on the Gen 3 sounds incredible, the trombone loop makes all the difference.
I suppose it’s all in the ear of the beholder.

My exhaust is stock, and I still can’t stand the sound of it. If I were to keep the truck (instead of buying a TRX) for a long time, I would really consider putting on a muffler from the 19-20 Limited F-150.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score

My exhaust is stock, and I still can’t stand the sound of it. If I were to keep the truck (instead of buying a TRX) for a long time, I would really consider putting on a muffler from the 19-20 Limited F-150.
True, sound is of course subjective. Some guys on here have installed the SPD Trombone loop, but there are reports of drone at 2k with the factory muffler. I’m following those threads to see what comes of it, as the SPD videos sound very good.

CityHunter

Reaction score
I’m definitely a fan of the trombone loop enhancement. It’s still no V8, but seems much more performance oriented than it did prior, and now has a sound that matches the character of the truck overall.

Rated R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The trombone loop d loo[ is better. I'm hoping Borla or Corsa makes a system for the Raptor R.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score

My exhaust is stock, and I still can’t stand the sound of it.
Yup. Mine is stock and I can't even hear it. Heard a TRX the other day. Meh. I do like the idea of a Platinum muffler. Quieter is better, all other things being equal.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Supply and demand. Vehicles are built based on orders and sales volume. Gen 1 was an F-150 derivative with Raptor wide body fenders and suspension. Same frame, same powertrain, same mostly everything besides some “SVT” badges. It was an experiment to see if consumers would buy such a vehicle.

Gen 2 was the first time that the Raptor became its own brand. Unique body, interior, powertrain, features, and even the frame.

theres really not that many unique parts between scab and screws.. the frame is unique yes, but its not like its a special cab.. they have a supercab f150, other than a driveshaft, shock tuning, spring rates and the frame, i dont see any major parts that need to be different between scab and screw. there's still 2 different frames with the gen3 and maybe even a seperate frame for the R..

when i said they are making a lot of bad moves i was talking about nameplate usages and basically gutting the heritage behind it. scab raptors are included in that heritage as it was all you could get when they came out.. its been abandoned like sticking mustang badges on an electric, 4 door SUV..

Cocles

Reaction score
I figured it's not necessary, I thought there was a flow advantage to equal length pipes. Hopefully it has the adjustable noise part.
It has very adjustable noise. Apparently when you engage Baja mode it has some warning about not using it on public streets.