Any with a fridge mounted in the bed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Would they get hot in the bed during summer time? Also, I feel like without the A/C on in the cab the fridge would have a hard time keeping up when the interior temp climbs. Only time we've ever used the fridge on our Flex is when it's being driven.

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would they get hot in the bed during summer time? Also, I feel like without the A/C on in the cab the fridge would have a hard time keeping up when the interior temp climbs. Only time we've ever used the fridge on our Flex is when it's being driven.
These fridges will only cool so many degrees below ambient.

I use an ARB Elements in the Raptor. Also a tonneau cover. At highway speeds the ARB will keep things cold and kind of frozen in hot weather.

Cold things stay cold, just not hard frozen.

Our grocery runs are 150 miles. The ARB in the bed works ok for those.

Off road, slow speeds, hot sun and frozen foods will not stay frozen in the bed.

Inside the cab, with AC blasting, you’ll do better. However as soon as you park the temps soar in the cab, and you need to be wired up to “always on” 12 volts.

SUV’s generally have an always hot plug in the cargo area, Raptors do not.

Additionally the ARB Elements takes up a chunk of real estate no matter where you put it. If you run a second battery life I do, that takes up space too. Makes me miss the 8’ bed in my F250:)

dfranks

Reaction score
Reviving this, interested in throwing a fridge in my SCAB behind the driver. Any one have that set up? On a slide?

Thanks in advance