Any way to tap into camera signals?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jenner1

Reaction score
As the title states I’m looking for any info on tapping into the camera signals and send all the feeds to a custom loop recorder. Might be a complete pita but to me it would definitely be worth it to basically have a completely hidden dashcam that also records the 360 feed, mirrors, bed etc. Any info to point me in the right direction would be appreciated.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The High mounted Stop Lamp camera uses Lin bus
The front camera,Tailgate Camera, passenger and driver mirror cameras use a coax
I have never messed with it but now that the cameras are coax, You may be able to add a splitter and feed to another module. I have no idea though. All of the Coax runs to the IPMA under the dash left of the foot well. Tread at your own risk.
1661045881672.png
1661045897342.png
1661046047272.png
1661046066963.png
1661046106322.png

OP
OP
J

Jenner1

Reaction score
Thanks! Definitely going to check into the coax cameras. It will be interesting to see if the front and mirror cameras actually power off above a certain speed or if they simply shut off once into the IPMA. Might be as simple as using a powered pass through splitter to keep from lowering the original signal strength feeding into the IPMA.

On another note is there a way to use Forscan to allow access to the camera feeds that are not available while going highway speed?

Last edited:

TheCzar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Definitely going to check into the coax cameras. It will be interesting to see if the front and mirror cameras actually power off above a certain speed or if they simply shut off once into the IPMA. Might be as simple as using a powered pass through splitter to keep from lowering the original signal strength feeding into the IPMA.

On another note is there a way to use Forscan to allow access to the camera feeds that are not available while going highway speed?
If you figure it out, please post. I've been trying to figure out how to tap into the front camera and hook up a dvr for when I'm off-roading

OP
OP
J

Jenner1

Reaction score
It may take quite a while to get figured completely but I’ll definitely post up info. I think the first step will be to access the easiest feed and do some testing with different setups.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
The High mounted Stop Lamp camera uses Lin bus
The front camera,Tailgate Camera, passenger and driver mirror cameras use a coax
I have never messed with it but now that the cameras are coax, You may be able to add a splitter and feed to another module. I have no idea though. All of the Coax runs to the IPMA under the dash left of the foot well. Tread at your own risk.
You are not a Ford Tech, nor are you a Ford employee. I don't believe you. ;)