Any way to lift a Raptor without ruining the ride quality or performance?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just something I've always been curious on. Is there a way to lift a Raptor without ruining the ride quality or the performance? I know that you can do like a 2-3" "lift" with something like coilovers or Geisers in the front and Deavers in the back that will retain or increase performance, but I'm assuming anything like a 4" or 6" lift would only make things worse? Also, from what I understand the 4" or 6" lift will only increase the body clearance, but not actually increase the ground clearance correct?

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These trucks were not and ARE not designed to be lifted like that… if geisers and mid perch mod with deavers and 37’s are not enough for you, I would HIGHLY recommend finding a different truck. You’re only going to ruin the performance and what the gen1’s represents

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What’s your goal? As in do you want it taller? To clear bigger tires? Or ground clearance?

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
These trucks were not and ARE not designed to be lifted like that… if geisers and mid perch mod with deavers and 37’s are not enough for you, I would HIGHLY recommend finding a different truck. You’re only going to ruin the performance and what the gen1’s represents

I'm not saying that I want to, it's more just curiosity. I already have 37's, and the next plan is Geisers on mid perch, +3 Deavers, and Gen 2 live valve shocks with the controller. I previously had an F-250 with a 4" lift and 35's and it didn't do anything to help the truck drive any better, just looked cooler, but I also know the F-250 is a whole different setup than the Raptor is.

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not saying that I want to, it's more just curiosity. I already have 37's, and the next plan is Geisers on mid perch, +3 Deavers, and Gen 2 live valve shocks with the controller. I previously had an F-250 with a 4" lift and 35's and it didn't do anything to help the truck drive any better, just looked cooler, but I also know the F-250 is a whole different setup than the Raptor is.
Totally didn’t mean for it to come off offensive at all. I’m definitely contemplating gen 2 live valves in the rear too.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Totally didn’t mean for it to come off offensive at all. I’m definitely contemplating gen 2 live valves in the rear too.

No worries, like I said, it's just curiosity. I just assumed that maybe someone had done a breakdown of the reasoning or had done the testing as to any differences it made.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Again, comes down as to your use of the truck. Doing Raptor stuff or hang out at Starbucks.

The only thing I can think of a lift to fit bigger times without ruining ride quality is a body lift. But you might as well put on 24s at the same time.

Takes a bit more work to clear 37s in the dirt than the street.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's just a question of curiosity to be honest, but see above post.
Nothing wrong with that. Curiosity is good!

I am taller than stock by a bit. I didn’t “lift” my truck though. I’m about 93” and some change on front track width and I’m about 50/50 on travel numbers, so I set higher.

I would say my truck drives both better and worse then stock.

If you were wanting to stay stock-ish but say wanted bigger tires, new fenders would be the ticket. I personally wouldn’t do a drop cross member lift. But my use case Amy be different then the hypothetical you.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with that. Curiosity is good!

I am taller than stock by a bit. I didn’t “lift” my truck though. I’m about 93” and some change on front track width and I’m about 50/50 on travel numbers, so I set higher.

I would say my truck drives both better and worse then stock.

If you were wanting to stay stock-ish but say wanted bigger tires, new fenders would be the ticket. I personally wouldn’t do a drop cross member lift. But my use case Amy be different then the hypothetical you.

Yea, a drop crossmember setup seems to really kill the ground clearance on stuff. I've kind of looked at the difference between my friend's TRD Pro Tundra with the Fox suspension stuff and the Raptor and it's pretty clear the Raptor has a lot more ground clearance with the same size tires. Guess I'll just stick to the original plan. lol