Any Value in Stock IC and Muffler?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I asked a similar question in the Suspension Forum about factory suspension parts, so I wanted to post here on the factory engine parts.

I am having a Full Race IC and Flowmaster Flow FX muffler installed on my truck this week. Is there any value in keeping the factory IC and Muffler? How much can I sell them for on Craigslist? I think the IC might have some value, but I doubt anyone wants the gigantic factory muffler.

The shop is also installing a custom front bumper, skid plate and 40" BD light bar which requires cutting the frame horns, so I will not be able to re-install the factory IC, even if I wanted.

I will be selling the factory bumper and skid plate, but I do not want IC and muffler just sitting in my garage if they will not sell quickly on CL. I was able to sell the factory bumper and skid plate off of my Gen 1 fairly quickly when I finally got around to posting them on CL.

Gargamel

Banned
Reaction score
Keep them. You most likely will be going back to stock exhaust once you hear and drive the aftermarket version. Keep the intercooler for when you go back to stock when you go to sell it. Good to plan ahead.

OP
OP
TXRaptor

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Keep them. You most likely will be going back to stock exhaust once you hear and drive the aftermarket version. Keep the intercooler for when you go back to stock when you go to sell it. Good to plan ahead.

You maybe right on the exhaust, but they are cutting my frame horns, so the factory IC will no longer fit. I have never taken my trucks back to stock before selling in the last 20+ years, so that is really not an issue for me.

I used to keep all of my parts for the next buyer, but with the last few sales, the buyer did not want them, so I simply threw them away. Now, I want to have a clean garage, not one full of old car and truck parts. :biggrin:

rubyred_gen2raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen the stock raptor intercoolers going for as little as 100 dollars... That being said I'm in the same situation, have my Stock Downpipes, Muffler, Tailpipes all taking up way too much room in my garage...

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
The stock down pipes are about the only part that’s worth anything. I see them on CL here in California for the $500 mark. They can be used to fit raptor exhaust on a newer f-150, sell them on eBay.

Sungod661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just realised that ****** gargamel is the same troll that kept posting about weep holes.
He has been troling on many different threads.
Get a life buddy

OP
OP
TXRaptor

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sasquatch...

I was starting to think the same thing! His Avatar pic allowed him to hide a little longer, but his hate of all things Gen 2 always reveals his true identity after a short time.

Thanks for pointing it out!

Onemoosehorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was starting to think the same thing! His Avatar pic allowed him to hide a little longer, but his hate of all things Gen 2 always reveals his true identity after a short time.

Thanks for pointing it out!

It’s so annoying too. And he probably has multiple names again.