Any update on current dealer ADM asks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cocles

Reaction score
Speaking to several different dealerships in my state, they all expect to get *one* Raptor R. None of these are small dealerships, but they also aren't the *massive* ones I've heard about in other states. I have no doubt some of these higher volume dealerships are getting a few, but I think it's safe to assume that unless a dealership is exceptional, assume they're getting just one.

The dealerships I've spoken to all have different logistics for selling their one allocation:
--One received an early offer for $100k ADM and will be selling it to that guy.
--Another is simply going to put it on the showroom floor when it shows up and it'll be first come first served.
--Another has a list of interested buyers. When their truck arrives, they'll set a price and start calling people down that list. The first person willing to pay the asking price will get the truck.
--One dealership picked a buyer out of the pool of people who had been calling and stopping by the dealership. I got the sense they were looking for someone they could count on to not welch on the deal and pay full asking price.
--Finally, one dealership is still figuring out what to do with theirs, but is willing to lock down a deal with the right person. Again, it doesn't seem to be nepotism so much as, "Can we be certain you're going to pay what we ask and not play games?"

ADM seems to be across the board $50k as a baseline. One dealership said they'll likely go higher, because the demand is so high. Another said they'll go slightly lower, because their whole schtick is having lower prices than their neighbors.

1966 F100 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Local dealer claiming they are getting 13 R's and sold all at 30k ADM.

Not saying I am buying that . . they do have the largest amount of F150's on lot currently that is well over 100 while some dealers may only have 2-4

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Local dealer claiming they are getting 13 R's and sold all at 30k ADM.

Not saying I am buying that . . they do have the largest amount of F150's on lot currently that is well over 100 while some dealers may only have 2-4

Do they also have ocean front property in Arizona??

Just sayin

Sam

1966 F100 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do they also have ocean front property in Arizona??

Just sayin

Sam
I didn’t say it was fact but what dealer told me. Possible that is Regular Raptors.
My dealer is getting 6 R models but didn’t ask how many std Raptors.
There are currently 11 Raptors available in town. 1 dealer has 4.
I have checked many dealers in town for R models just to see what they would say.

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn’t say it was fact but what dealer told me. Possible that is Regular Raptors.
My dealer is getting 6 R models but didn’t ask how many std Raptors.
There are currently 11 Raptors available in town. 1 dealer has 4.
I have checked many dealers in town for R models just to see what they would say.

I am not doubting they are telling you that. Just sad that they are embellishing just a tad. I will go out on a limb and predict they will NOT get 6 Raptor Rs the first go around. Maybe the next year also.

With that said, I really hope they do get 6 the first "batch". That would mean at least one dealer in the country is getting a few.

Sam

1966 F100 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not doubting they are telling you that. Just sad that they are embellishing just a tad. I will go out on a limb and predict they will NOT get 6 Raptor Rs the first go around. Maybe the next year also.

With that said, I really hope they do get 6 the first "batch". That would mean at least one dealer in the country is getting a few.

Sam
I thought the comment was on dealer saying they were getting 13 R's. That was Internet manager at San Tan Ford.
My dealer is getting the 6 R's. Not sure if that's for year or first round or whatever.

Sounds completely different this year.

July 18th it was place all R orders then about 10 days or following week my dealer was told they were getting 6 Allocations.

The last word as then Ford would let dealer know when they were calling each R order/allocation. Not sure exact date for when they called Allocation #1 but last week dealer called and said Allocation #2 was called. I took that as it was sent to scheduling.

Appears ford is trying to do a better job or have some type of order on them. Also that just because a dealer gets a R Allocation it has to be placed in line in order preference the dealer wants, along with when Ford wants to schedule it.

Since I am allocation #3 of the 6 at dealer who knows when my allocation will fit it. From what I found online there will be another round sometime in March. Very well could be mine will be in line then. That would be much better for me $$ wise. I was told by dealer I just had to let it flow or would lose my place in line.

Even if my allocation was called this week it still could be weeks or months before it's built much less when it would be delivered.

I know of a 22 GT500 that showed up in AZ at railyard and it sat there for 2 months.

San Tan Ford that claimed 13 R orders does seem laughable but it seems the newest larger dealers do get some special treatment.

IMHO I think ford will change allocations re: If dealer uses ADM's and or if it's known a specialty vehicle like the R, or GT500 is being flipped.