Any tuning solutions for the Fox Live Valve?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bren5279

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Does anyone know of any solutions out there that allow you to tweak the Fox Live Valve settings at all?

I know the different drive modes alters the response of the suspension, but is there really no way, or aftermarket tuners, that give you the ability to actually play around with (say for ex. increase rebound damping) the settings instead of just the preset stock program????

Maybe even something through FORScan??

Bowewelding

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man yeah the rebound valveing is horrid! Ive got a 17' I tweaked mine a bit to soften the compression and stiffen the rebound but with those bypass holes drilled in the bottom of the body, theres really nothing left to do..next time I'm going to try and block those holes with a thin piece of steel. The dealer called me trying to get me to trade my 17 in for a 19 and I told them no thanks mainly because of that live valve..u can still valve and adjust nitrogen pressure though... the live valve just monitors and adjusts the oil flow through the piggy back elbow

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
you'd have to completely crack the bcm/pcm to change the programming. it is not a piggyback computer system like on the magneride street vehicles. The main computers are where the magic happens.

You could potentially change the shim stacks and play with the pressure, but the way the truck reacts is not likely to be easily changed.

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you wish to have an overall ride change with the stock shocks, we can take care of that. Valving and bypass.

If you want to play with the Fox aftermarket shocks, they have an external compression and rebound adjuster. While still using the Live Valve. So customers who want to tow, have a rack or cover.... etc. We can internally make adjustments to get you closer to where you need to be.

The Fox Live Valve is awesome. It is only able to vary compression control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Rathjen

SWATDOC
Reaction score
RPG - I'm confused. On your above post you mention Fox aftermarket shocks have external compression and rebound adjuster......still using Live valve. On the Fox Factory Race live valve shocks that will be released soon, all i see is one general adjuster that has 3 positions. That looks like just a general overall stiffness adjustment like soft, medium, and firm. Is there something I'm missing? Doesn't seem like you'd be able to adjust compression and rebound separately. Actually seems very low-tech and disappointing to tell the truth. For the price they're asking - roughly $3800 a pair, you'd think you would at least get a clicker for compression, and another for rebound, allowing separate fine tuning

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
RPG - I'm confused. On your above post you mention Fox aftermarket shocks have external compression and rebound adjuster......still using Live valve. On the Fox Factory Race live valve shocks that will be released soon, all i see is one general adjuster that has 3 positions. That looks like just a general overall stiffness adjustment like soft, medium, and firm. Is there something I'm missing? Doesn't seem like you'd be able to adjust compression and rebound separately. Actually seems very low-tech and disappointing to tell the truth. For the price they're asking - roughly $3800 a pair, you'd think you would at least get a clicker for compression, and another for rebound, allowing separate fine tuning

The live valve upgrade shocks aren't any less functional than the non-live valve versions.

the fox factory 3.0 upgrade shocks that aren't live valve have a big dial and little dial, one for high speed, one for low speed, both for compression. they each have 10 clicks of adjustment (iirc)

once you step up to running a secondary bypass shock, then you'll be able to tune compression and rebound in as many zones as you have tubes. My coilovers have no adjustment on them now. all of the tuning magic happens on the secondary bypass.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seems a lot of people aren't aware the the LV system only changes Compression damping...How it does it's "magic" is completely different from how the rebound would need to be controlled...

I would love to add some more rebound damping to the front of my shocks (still OE 2018) as it's my biggest complaint...I like the mid stroke "floatyness" but again it needs more rebound at the end of the stroke...

RPG is that type of change doable with our OE shocks?

Bowewelding

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem with the rebound on the fox internal bypass is it bleeds the rebound valve through open holes at the bottom of the shock body..hard to control being that there drilled holes..I'm having the same troubles