Any truth to the Car and Driver article about V8 SC Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Unless it comes from Ford, don’t believe shit. Use search on this forum. You know how many times this has been posted? That is why its beating a dead horse.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
IF....they do make it....it will be a specialty item....and come with a $100k price tag.

The "standard" raptor will never get that much power.

David Godbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m with EN4SER, if a raptor gets that engine it will be by someone like Roush or Shelby. Too many upgrades in drivetrain for Ford to have two lines to build it. I bet if .someone does it will be upwards of 110,000. Besides as we all know the raptor is not a dragster even though she’s pretty quick and can be tuned to be really quick for her size. I say Ford will continue with the present package with different upgrades in suspension, wheels, and comfort creatures till they drop the Raptor for something new. LIKE didn’t they just drop theGT again?

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
didn’t they just drop theGT again?

yes but there's a difference between building a limited production halo car that only a select few can buy vs a truck. besides it's not like the Gen 2 Raptor is a limited # vehicle either.

your point on Roush or Shelby building the 5.2 Raptor also makes me wonder why Ford would bother.. both builders offer 700 plus 5.0 engines in their versions of the F150, so I'm sure Ford sees no reason to do this.

Ram has the trx coming out with a detuned hellcat motor.

no one knows what the "TRX" will have, Mopar Authority has said there's a possibility of 2 versions of the truck, one with a SRT 6.4 and the other with a Hellcat engine. and yes I know the concept had a de-tuned 6.2 Hellcat, but I doubt they'd sell it will only 575hp.

Santiago Palacio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With all the money ford has invested in R&D for the ecoboost engines, I really doubt they'll throw a big v8 in the raptor again