Any tips on MBRP install?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

divedeep1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered the black side exit (behind wheel) MBRP exhaust. I read the how-to turn down thread. Anyone have issues w/ removal of the stock set-up? Any tribal knowledge to help install?

Baldwin09

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did a mbrp turndown myself had to cut the tips off to get the stock system out if you could get a jack and some blocks and lift the ass end up a bit you should be able to squeeze out the stock system in one piece. I didn't realize that until I had the front off and didn't have my jacks at my house to lift up the back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to install mine myself, but in the end I slipped a guy at Midas $30 and was done in probably half of the time. I was simply worried I would have to do cutting to roll it over the axle that close to the ground. Once it was on his lift a few twists and out in a few seconds.

OP
OP
divedeep1

divedeep1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see what your talking about. thanx for input.

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

I was going to install mine myself, but in the end I slipped a guy at Midas $30 and was done in probably half of the time. I was simply worried I would have to do cutting to roll it over the axle that close to the ground. Once it was on his lift a few twists and out in a few seconds.

That is an option. $30 for one less headache is a deal anyday.

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

Local shop quoted $125... I'll do it myself:waytogo:

Boss327

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found it easiest to remove the spare tire and jack the rear of the truck up and just wiggle the stock exhaust out.

beartracks

Reaction score
Out the back or side?

Out the side...

Drop your spare to the ground. If you are by yourself, put some jackstands under the system to support it. Loosen the head pipe and wiggle the system rearward until the hangers are disengaged (my resonator was rusted in place and wouldn't come loose from the rest of the system, so I took it all out at once).

Use a floor jack and a large wood block under the hitch to raise the rear end until the rear tires almost leave the ground.

You can then move the whole system forward bringing the tailpipe over the axle. Then drag the beast out the side from under the truck. It would be handy to have someone helping to hold up on the tailpipe and support it when you bring it over the axle, but its not that hard to do yourself.

BT

Dkyle1220

Full Access Member
Reaction score
divedeep1 said:
I just ordered the black side exit (behind wheel) MBRP exhaust. I read the how-to turn down thread. Anyone have issues w/ removal of the stock set-up? Any tribal knowledge to help install?

Where did you order it from?

OP
OP
divedeep1

divedeep1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you order it from?

from horsepower direct... Last one in stock for $580 ish I think. Auto Anything had it at $535 but 2 week wait to ship. Good thing for me is I was able to use a 15% discount through auto anything on the american roll top cover from Truck cover USA. Would not have been able if I had used it on MBRP. major savings!!!!