Any takers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KurtLaut

Reaction score
Sad parts is someone will buy it... I bet many more dealers will be selling for 50-75k over. Wait and see when they start hitting dealership lots

zapp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sad parts is someone will buy it... I bet many more dealers will be selling for 50-75k over. Wait and see when they start hitting dealership lots
I expect the same.. Dealers will also break their word on spoken allocations and so on.. I talked to a lot of dealers to get an allocation, I would say even over the last 12 month and there wasn't even 1 dealer where I would feel safe with ordering and actually getting an R for MSRP or close to that..
I gave up on the 2023 model year. Let's see how things are for 2024. It'll all depend on the amount of Rs that Ford is willing to produce.

Last edited:

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford needs to start a new company and establish the direct sales model like Tesla and Rivian.
At this point, no more mercy for the conventional dealers.
The legacy structure that car companies are still running with has also way too complex and too many costly middle layers with sales reps and area reps and all that between the manufacturer and the customer..
Agreed. Musk was smart in finding that “showroom only” loophole. We have two Tesla’s in the family. Both purchases were completed online through Tesla in less than 20 minutes. No hours wasted at a dealer playing games or watching them take numbers from one place and sticking them elsewhere as if you the buyer are that stupid to notice. And of course, no ADM shenanigans.

Unfortunately most states have laws which prohibit direct Manufacturer to consumer sales, put in place to “protect the jobs created by stealerships”. But something has to give. The CEO of Ford threatened to hold back inventory for ADM’s but that did zilch. And everyone knows Ford of all companies has enough political pull to reestablish control so shake n bake. I, the consumer, want to give you, Ford, $85k for your product at your MSRP. Joe Blow Ford of Go Pound Sand wants $105k for the same. I think anyone sensible that owns a Gen 1 or in my case a Gen 2 and wants to trade in for a Gen 3 should be perfectly comfortable sitting in their Raptor on ventilated seats in no rush to donate anything to any dealer.

Problem is Joey Bag o’ Donuts and his boys are buying Raptors with these ADM’s so there’s no incentive for adjusting them back to MSRP. And stealerships could care less what the CEO of Ford says regarding future inventory allocation; unless the laws change, ford can’t move anything without those dealers so at the end of the day who needs who more.

Here’s to Ford making some good ol’ behind the scenes spit and shake hands deals to make things right.

Ok afternoon toilet rant completed. Be safe.

Raptor916

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Future Ford in Sacramento is the dealer asking for 100k ADM in that Craigslist ad.

They have huge ADMs of 25-35k on all their Raptors.
Future Ford is my local dealership and they are complete trash.

zapp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Musk was smart in finding that “showroom only” loophole. We have two Tesla’s in the family. Both purchases were completed online through Tesla in less than 20 minutes. No hours wasted at a dealer playing games or watching them take numbers from one place and sticking them elsewhere as if you the buyer are that stupid to notice. And of course, no ADM shenanigans.

Yeah that's it. ADMs aside for a sec: It has always been annoying to talk to sales people and work with dealerships, but since other companies are now proofing that it can work otherwise, it's getting ridiculous with the dealership experiences..

Last year, I've put 1k on a Rivian R1T order and now this truck is actually coming before any of my 3 Raptor orders (21 and 22) has even been scheduled.For getting the Rivian, I didn't need to leave home for the buying and delivery process. Not even a phone call was required so far. Rivian even came to my house for a 45min Test drive.. Have you heard of any dealer that would provide you a Raptor test drive at your home?
I prefer the Raptor over the R1T, but the customer experience makes me now spend the $80k+ on Rivian and not Ford..

AC4400

Reaction score
Yeah that's it. ADMs aside for a sec: It has always been annoying to talk to sales people and work with dealerships, but since other companies are now proofing that it can work otherwise, it's getting ridiculous with the dealership experiences..

Last year, I've put 1k on a Rivian R1T order and now this truck is actually coming before any of my 3 Raptor orders (21 and 22) has even been scheduled.For getting the Rivian, I didn't need to leave home for the buying and delivery process. Not even a phone call was required so far. Rivian even came to my house for a 45min Test drive.. Have you heard of any dealer that would provide you a Raptor test drive at your home?
I prefer the Raptor over the R1T, but the customer experience makes me now spend the $80k+ on Rivian and not Ford..
Serious question what happens when it breaks? Where is closest service dept?

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Wow. Talk about customer oriented service. There is definitely a growing rift between dealers and Manufacturers and that will hopefully lead to some type of law reform where customers will be able to choose how they purchase their vehicles. I surprised my dad with a Tesla for his birthday. Like you, All I had to do was download the app, choose my vehicle, options, preferred terms for financing, and by the next morning I had a delivery date. I spoke to no one from Tesla. No rep. No finance manager. No mystery fees. No being offered vending snacks while I spend hours at the dealership. Nothing. It was as easy as ordering Amazon. Certainly Ford or any other manufacturer can do the same.

Tesla’s and Rivia’s loophole around the laws prohibiting direct manufacturer sales is so simple it makes this back and forth Im going through with dealerships that much more annoying. I can only speak about Tesla as I’m not familiar with the details regarding Rivia’s showroom policies, but Tesla dubbed their locations as “showrooms” where customers can go and view Tesla products and learn about the tech. Tesla employees working at these showrooms are prohibited from discussing absolutely anything related to purchasing/leasing/pricing etc and all customers are directed to download the app to get said information. That’s it. Just expand the FordPass App and call it a day.

And this rift between dealers and Ford doesn’t just affect new vehicle sales. Last week I took my Gen 2 in for service and had with me a list of the TSB’s from Ford I needed to address; the minute I brought up the manufacturer communications, service advisor adopted a zero fks given attitude, said it’ll be weeks till they get to it, and then insisted it would be better to use my ESP (more $$$ for them) and they would likely then get to it much sooner. I laughed and left. Drove to another dealer who were all rainbows and unicorns until I showed them the TSB’s and again, flipped a switch, and said they wouldn’t be addressing any those “manufacturer concerns” until late September.

What a circus.

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I came across a dealer in Racine Wisconsin (Porcaro Ford) and they told me they had an allocation available for 100k over msrp. Asked me if I wanted to start the bidding. I laughed and hung up.

Spread the word. This nonsense only stops when the consumer refuses to do business with clown dealerships.

2DF75E24-2748-45E0-B9C2-D58678E01016.jpeg

98D43763-3835-4D7A-AF97-C00438096ECD.jpeg