Any suggestions for a new order?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DAF

Reaction score
Going to put down a deposit for a gen 3 this week. Any suggestions on what to look for from the dealer, or anything for that matter? Will attach the options I have selected

Attachments

• 522D6AAB-068F-4EA9-9DF2-94025A06E273.jpeg
    522D6AAB-068F-4EA9-9DF2-94025A06E273.jpeg
    103.3 KB · Views: 92
  • D3F578EB-0E17-4DD9-80AE-3356BCA759A9.jpeg
    D3F578EB-0E17-4DD9-80AE-3356BCA759A9.jpeg
    215.7 KB · Views: 94
  • FD3DE6E8-901C-470F-942B-42CF13B11FB2.jpeg
    FD3DE6E8-901C-470F-942B-42CF13B11FB2.jpeg
    230.9 KB · Views: 91

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your build is looking like a delayed nightmare. Bedliner, bed cover, etc are the leading factors on delays. If you are patient then nothing to worry about. End of summer delivery at the earliest I’d say…..

OP
OP
DAF

DAF

Reaction score
Your build is looking like a delayed nightmare. Bedliner, bed cover, etc are the leading factors on delays. If you are patient then nothing to worry about. End of summer delivery at the earliest I’d say…..
Good to know. Dealer is quoting me 4-5 months which I can live with. End of summer would put that at 9-10 months. Seems like a big difference for bed liner and a bed cover if thats true

Kojack19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on what you want to do with the truck. If it was me, skip the 37 package and do 37s yourself with RPG collars-will be cheaper and you can put better (lighter wheels, better offset) and get the 37 BFGs-spare still fits-or just run 35s. I would skip the recarros-had them in my Gen 2 and think the stock seats are more comfortable. Do a spray in liner either from the factory or on your own and do a bak flip Revolver x4 roll up cover-saves bed space, no water issues. Have used this cover on all of my raptors. I would do the sunroof too-I didn’t have it on my Gen 1 but def liked having it on my Gen 2 and now my Gen 3. Tailgate step is an absolute must. I also like the look of the appliqué delete more than with it but to each his own. Also skip the stickers-rappy graphics makes better ones if you are into them and they are cheaper. Good luck with your truck.

slv_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to know. Dealer is quoting me 4-5 months which I can live with. End of summer would put that at 9-10 months. Seems like a big difference for bed liner and a bed cover if thats true

Dealer's really don't know a thing about how this will all play out and really no one does thanks to the supply chain issues.

We got guys on here whose trucks are sitting in a lot in Dearborn produced in September that are waiting for fenders.

37 package alone may put you past the 4-5 month wait, it's been rumored for a while now that 37" tires are causing delays. I tend to believe it given that tires are hard to come by in general and Ford had BFG create a newly spec'd KO2 just for the 37 package. Additionally, my dealer's zone rep mentioned that Recaros were also holding up orders. Granted this was back in October before I placed my 2022 order.

Personally, I'd minimize as many factory add-ons (Bed-cover/Liner) as I could and just handle it via the aftermarket once I took delivery. In the event you go this route, search for the thread regarding aftermarket bedliner installs and the sensors in the tailgate. Let your installer know not to turn on the truck or even have the key near the truck during the install if they plan to remove the tailgate to spray it.

OP
OP
DAF

DAF

Reaction score
Dealer's really don't know a thing about how this will all play out and really no one does thanks to the supply chain issues.

We got guys on here whose trucks are sitting in a lot in Dearborn produced in September that are waiting for fenders.

37 package alone may put you past the 4-5 month wait, it's been rumored for a while now that 37" tires are causing delays. I tend to believe it given that tires are hard to come by in general and Ford had BFG create a newly spec'd KO2 just for the 37 package. Additionally, my dealer's zone rep mentioned that Recaros were also holding up orders. Granted this was back in October before I placed my 2022 order.

Personally, I'd minimize as many factory add-ons (Bed-cover/Liner) as I could and just handle it via the aftermarket once I took delivery. In the event you go this route, search for the thread regarding aftermarket bedliner installs and the sensors in the tailgate. Let your installer know not to turn on the truck or even have the key near the truck during the install if they plan to remove the tailgate to spray it.
Skipping out on the 37 package and doing that aftermarket with the rpg collars. Im not a fan of the blue recaros, so not a big deal losing out on them. Ill remove the bedcover, I thought that was a dealer installed part. Did you get your build for msrp? Whatd they quote you for lead time out of curiosity?

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pro power is also apparently causing issues as well. The biggest issue is the 37 pp. my order was submitted mid-October and I probably won’t have a build date for a couple months

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Aftermarket add-ons are cheaper but they're better quality ... what price, convenience?

Stan G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You honestly don't believe this do you? This isn't 1999, ford stocks enough bed covers and linex that it is no longer the problem. Bedliner spray is almost standard in every F150, don't believe the hype. The Raptors share bed covers and linex with the F150 line -- do you honestly think that a standard part wouldn't have backstock? It's like saying that they are out of glass for windows.

OP
OP
DAF

DAF

Reaction score
Aftermarket add-ons are cheaper but they're better quality ... what price, convenience?
Availability from the sounds of it. If you’re referring to the 37 package, I don't want it because of the blue seats not because its cheaper aftermarket to switch wheels/tires