Any recommendations on truck rack?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GM3SF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well sh*t, I went and looked at your Instagram. I’m @4frcars in case you couldn’t tell by the 300 straight likes you just got!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[emoji23] just looked and saw that. Plenty of content there to keep you busy. Got videos on my website too. Take it slow though man......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lasercat

Reaction score
I know you're looking for a bed rack, but I'd also recommend a roof rack. It doesn't do great things to my mileage, but works well carrying three 12' yaks.

I use the Rhino Rack model RS648, and also have the same hood straps that GM3SF uses, just didn't have them hooked in that photo since I was only going 2 miles in town to the river launch.

xphjv3SdAxReIPaF33d9QjyOQuJMV5Pd9Dt75glfqUoE=w2400.jpg

Ryan D

Reaction score
Leitner ACS is what I went with and will be doing a roof top tent plus you can add so much to it with boxes and other attachments. 9edbfbae9147fe7a77d44fd9383b786e.jpg4f98ac8a79d10ade5947b1deb46017f0.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Supergumby5000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those Leitner racks look legit... It makes me wish I wanted/needed a dedicated bed rack.

I just picked up the Rhino Rack rooftop bars this weekend. Waiting for my Lamin-X paint protection film to get here before I install it. Based on my research, most of the wind noise that people get with the Thule and Rhino racks are from the footpacks and mounts moreso than the crossbars. Make sure they are installed snug and the plastic pieces close out nicely with the footpacks and you shouldnt have any wind noise issues.

Reaction score
I had Thule on my previous truck and they are junk. New design does not hold up. Just ordered the new Yakima Overhaul HD rack with side bars. Looks much more sturdy and had a rugged look. Check back with me if you want pictures after I install it.