Any recommendations for a dashcam?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this relatively easy to run the wires? Not experienced with pulling parts off the truck and anything near the headliner freaks me out. How long did it take you guys?
Really easy. To wire it to the fuse box, you don’t even need to pull any panels. Like 30 min for experienced 2 hours for the clueless. The rear facing takes a little more work but it is pretty easy.

I hard wired my radar detector and took pictures and posted in the electronic section.

Last edited:

MSpiegs

Reaction score
Anybody up to speed on the latest and greatest dash cam? I would want the ability for it to record while parked publicly (but not if its sitting inside my garage for days on end). I don't need it to have it's own screen. These days I'm sure you can view the data on another device when needed.

I've got the Ford dash cam that they sell: https://accessories.ford.com/products/dashcam-rear-facing-camera-bundle-2

It's reasonable quality and the installation is easy. For power, there's an adapter that plugs onto your OBD-II port. It also has a second camera that goes in the back window. To retrieve videos, you have to push a button on the unit, connect to its WiFI and download through their custom app.

Hamm9r21

Reaction score
I have a think ware front and rear that works well. Instead of doing any wiring, I purchased an Obd II adapter they sell separately. Simple plug and play that enables me to have continuous surveillance when parked as well. It’s an option….

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
Wife got me the Blackvue DR900X plus. Installed in about 45 mins. Hard wired into fuse panel (34 and 36). Originally ordered some fuse taps from Amazon but would only fit if I trimmed of the tabs (see pic). I ended up ordering these from Amazon and they worked with no modification. Also 3D printed a bracket for rear camera so I could open back window without all the wire slack. See pic.

These work:

These DID NOT WITHOUT MODIFICATION (remove raised rails where arrows are pointing)

Here is the bracket I made. I have 3D file for those who need it. Just PM me. I just used double sided tape for part the attaches to top of window.

IMG_1347.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 12.42.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 12.42.12 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 33

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wife got me the Blackvue DR900X plus. Installed in about 45 mins. Hard wired into fuse panel (34 and 36). Originally ordered some fuse taps from Amazon but would only fit if I trimmed of the tabs (see pic). I ended up ordering these from Amazon and they worked with no modification. Also 3D printed a bracket for rear camera so I could open back window without all the wire slack. See pic.

These work:

These DID NOT WITHOUT MODIFICATION (remove raised rails where arrows are pointing)

Here is the bracket I made. I have 3D file for those who need it. Just PM me. I just used double sided tape for part the attaches to top of window.

View attachment 336023
That's awesome! Might have to reach out to you once I finally get my truck lol