Any recommendations for a dashcam?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FDNY-L107

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BlackVue without question w/Blendmount. Check VortexRadar.....I have the single cam 900 unit and it's flawless. Also, over the air firmware updates and decent app seals the deal. I also have a Vantrue N2 Pro, which is also very good. Zero issues with both units after 2 years.

funkified

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a note in memory cards. I run the Samsung endurance cards designed for dash cams and video recording.

I’ve run other cards in the past, and sometimes you end up with choppy and unusable recordings, even though they were rated for high speed recording. Must have been luck of the draw or it was a knock off. Be careful of where you buy from, Amazon is not always the best place for cards.

Floyd554

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve e pretty much settled on the Blackvue 590x single channel. I’m thinking of the 128gb. I hope this is enough memory. If it isn’t please tell me why. I’m open to going bigger if necessary. Also, what size fuses do our raptors use? I’m too lazy to go check right now. I’m going to buy the fuse taps to wire it in properly. Thanks for all the help.

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
I’ve e pretty much settled on the Blackvue 590x single channel. I’m thinking of the 128gb. I hope this is enough memory. If it isn’t please tell me why. I’m open to going bigger if necessary. Also, what size fuses do our raptors use? I’m too lazy to go check right now. I’m going to buy the fuse taps to wire it in properly. Thanks for all the help.
Look in this thread by me for fuse taps. If your lucky autozone will have in stock. Mine was out so ordered on Amazon.

Last edited:

RotorOver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anyone is looking for a driving enthusiast style dash cam, I really like the Waylens Horizon. I have a couple and have run them in my Cayman and BMW 2 Series. To give you an idea of their capability, here are a couple videos I made from a Porsche Rally held in the TN/NC area. It might be fun for a high-speed off road run!

Floyd554

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just FYI…. As gobluejd posted the fuse taps he ordered…. 2021 Raptors use the Micro 2 fuses. Sometimes these forums do come in handy. Thanks for the help.

ryeabs

Reaction score
Just FYI…. As gobluejd posted the fuse taps he ordered…. 2021 Raptors use the Micro 2 fuses. Sometimes these forums do come in handy. Thanks for the help.
While I don't remember which fuse taps I ordered, the ones I had did require a bit of filing to ground down some plastic on the tap to actually fit into the fuse slot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts