Any recommendations for a dashcam?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ben2k9

Reaction score
Anybody up to speed on the latest and greatest dash cam? I would want the ability for it to record while parked publicly (but not if its sitting inside my garage for days on end). I don't need it to have it's own screen. These days I'm sure you can view the data on another device when needed.

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Thinkware U1000 2ch. 4k front and 2k rear. I like the clarity but I will go with a blackvue for the smaller footprint when my truck arrives

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol funny because I just ran a search on here an hour ago to see what people were rocking. I think I will be going with the BlackVue DR900X

AutoXRacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the Dashcams sold by Ford specifically for the F150 are no good?

I also want a dash cam and was going to order it with the truck until the dealer told me it was installed at the dealership. I wanted something factory installed. Not paying the dealer to install it when I could do a better job.

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Thinkview I think is ok, but considering they only have the front facing camera and an interior facing camera that records in 1080p. I would rather upgrade to 4k with a rear facing

Stan G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol funny because I just ran a search on here an hour ago to see what people were rocking. I think I will be going with the BlackVue DR900X
For the blackvue, would you just wire it to one of the toggle switches?

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For the blackvue, would you just wire it to one of the toggle switches?
You can apparently wire it like 3 different ways. You can tap into the rearview mirror. You can tap/wire it directly into the fuse box. And someone else has also wired it into the upfitter switches.

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the Dashcams sold by Ford specifically for the F150 are no good?

I also want a dash cam and was going to order it with the truck until the dealer told me it was installed at the dealership. I wanted something factory installed. Not paying the dealer to install it when I could do a better job.
Ford oem ones are a few years old. Nice for easy integration but older tech.