GEN 2 Any Pics of 37" Tires on a Leveled Raptor??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Icon level kit, Icon Rebound wheels 17*8.5, Toyo RT 37*12.50*17

pro tip : if you're going to air it out, or go fast in the dirt, do yourself a favor and take the fender flares off prior.

Might want to also spray the liners with dry lube too.

you can thank me later.

jpinc

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pro tip : if you're going to air it out, or go fast in the dirt, do yourself a favor and take the fender flares off prior.

Might want to also spray the liners with dry lube too.

you can thank me later.

Thanks for the tip.

This truck spends most of its weekend in the Mexican dirt. That pic is from the Baja 500 this year. The tires do not rub. Its only problem is that it gets a little squirrelly running hard in baja mode. The whipple stage 1 and pedal commander don't help either.

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip.

This truck spends most of its weekend in the Mexican dirt. That pic is from the Baja 500 this year. The tires do not rub. Its only problem is that it gets a little squirrelly running hard in baja mode. The whipple stage 1 and pedal commander don't help either.

Have you flexxed the rear end to its max? Just wondering how 37s do in the rear with no suspension mods. I was thinking about adding a leaf like Csjr since it's a pretty cheap route, but if it's not necessary might just skip it...

jpinc

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Added Deaver+2's and the the truck is great. Heading to Mexico today for some scouting for hunting. I put 1000 miles on last weekend in the dirt. The truck will go faster than I'm comfortable with now.

Mazzive

Reaction score
Have you flexed the rear end to its max? Just wondering how 37s do in the rear with no suspension mods. I was thinking about adding a leaf like Csjr since it's a pretty cheap route, but if it's not necessary might just skip it...

I just installed the ICON 2.25" Attitude Adjustment Collar, some 17" ICON Rebound wheels, and 37 x 12.5 BFG KM3s on my truck 2 weeks ago. I had to do some minor trimming in the front to prevent rubbing on the street and all was good.

I have since been offroad in Anza Borrego and found that the rears rub quite a bit when cycled. It didn't help that the rear was pretty loaded with gear but I need to come up with a solution for that other than taking the 37s off.

The rear springs are stock and I am thinking about picking up the ICON Multi-rate leaf spring kit which should help alot. New springs along with some well placed hammer blows, and we should be good to go!

The photo below shows how much the rear squats under power.

DSC_0668-01.jpg

Last edited:

Slaughterhouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed the ICON 2.25" Attitude Adjustment Collar, some 17" ICON Rebound wheels, and 37 x 12.5 BFG KM3s on my truck 2 weeks ago. I had to do some minor trimming in the front to prevent rubbing on the street and all was good.

I have since been offroad in Anza Borrego and found that the rears rub quite a bit when cycled. It didn't help that the rear was pretty loaded with gear but I need to come up with a solution for that other than taking the 37s off.

The rear springs are stock and I am thinking about picking up the ICON Multi-rate leaf spring kit which should help alot. New springs along with some well placed hammer blows, and we should be good to go!

DSC_0668-01.jpg

Looking good!

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score

DSC_0668-01.jpg

Wow that's some great info! I think many people assume that the front end is the only thing you have to modify to run 37's, but clearly you showed that's not the case. I might be better off sticking to 35's for now...

Question for you though: Is additional height in the rear all that's required to prevent rubbing? If so, how much extra room is needed? I am planning on adding a rear leaf spring which should give me another inch or so...wondering if that would be sufficient?

Thanks for the great info!

Supergumby5000

Full Access Member
Reaction score

DSC_0668-01.jpg

Kind of a strange question.... Can you measure the actual tread width of your tire?

I've been doing some research on 37's and it seems while there is a lot of information regarding true diameter, there isnt a lot regarding true tread width. That can make a big difference with fitment. the stock BFGs are about 10-3/8" wide. Those BFGs look pretty darn wide at the tread!

Mazzive

Reaction score
Wow that's some great info! I think many people assume that the front end is the only thing you have to modify to run 37's, but clearly you showed that's not the case. I might be better off sticking to 35's for now...

Question for you though: Is additional height in the rear all that's required to prevent rubbing? If so, how much extra room is needed? I am planning on adding a rear leaf spring which should give me another inch or so...wondering if that would be sufficient?

Thanks for the great info!

Im not totally sure yet but I plan on figuring this out... Right now I am on stock rear leaves. I plan on picking up the ICON variable leaf spring pack soon and doing some modifications to the fender wells. My gut says rear lift alone would not be enough to solve the issue if you plan on going full steam offroad like I intend. If you are cruising the streets and mild offroad, you should be fine.