Any one running 6.2L Cams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BANE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any 1 running cams for the 6.2L

any problems?

your feed back please! :grd:

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
There are several threads from folks that have looked into it. The Ford Racing cams will not work without internal mods (pistons). The only other option I am aware of are the cams offered by Livernois, as covered in this thread:
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f24/livernois-released-new-bump-sticks-lope-inside-10524/

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

any 1 running cams for the 6.2L
BTW, technically, we are ALL running cams...:Big Laugh:

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are several threads from folks that have looked into it. The Ford Racing cams will not work without internal mods (pistons). The only other option I am aware of are the cams offered by Livernois, as covered in this thread:
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f24/livernois-released-new-bump-sticks-lope-inside-10524/

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

BTW, technically, we are ALL running cams...:Big Laugh:

two (2) to be exact...:wizhuh:

For around 20HP gains...not worth it :imo:

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you want the hot rod loppy cam sound, go for it. It does sound awesome. Not to mention the torque curve is nuts. That's according to the dyno sheets. Power for the money, eh, not so much.

spartanraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My friend Taras runs them in his molten orange whippled raptor built by Livernoise. His trucks a monster and it sounds the part too. No complaints from him that im aware of. Some stalling in low speed crawling type stuff but that was fixed with tuning adjustments that was needed from the difference in altitude.

I wish it was LS easy to pick up HP from our 6.2's. My Z06 had a cam with supporting upgrades and picked up 140 to the wheels. Now thats cheap horsepower lol.

OP
OP
BANE

BANE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My friend Taras runs them in his molten orange whippled raptor built by Livernoise. His trucks a monster and it sounds the part too. No complaints from him that im aware of. Some stalling in low speed crawling type stuff but that was fixed with tuning adjustments that was needed from the difference in altitude.

I wish it was LS easy to pick up HP from our 6.2's. My Z06 had a cam with supporting upgrades and picked up 140 to the wheels. Now thats cheap horsepower lol.

Thanks for the input!

ya on a N/A motor not alot of HP but if you had a 6.6L with blower than the camshafts would deliver