Any of You Trouble makers Familiar with New TRX Pricing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
Old guy, don’t feel threatened. It’s ok people have other tastes. Dodge has been the laughing stock of trucks for decades but the TRX is better than the raptor is many ways. It’s healthy to have some competition. Some would even say that without the TRX we would never have the R!
I‘ve mentioned this before. Without the TRX Ford didn’t have a real need for the R. The TRX encouraged Ford to give us the R.

As far as what is better, that’s ultimately up to the buyer. The TRX was the better truck for me, but that doesn’t make it the better truck for someone else. I enjoyed the Raptor for the 18ish months I had it. It was comfortable, and got considerably better fuel economy than my TRX will ever accomplish.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
How is a TRX better than a Raptor "in many ways?" Take the engine out of the equation and it's just a Ram Rebel.
I think it’s safe to say there is more to the TRX than just the engine. It attacks things in a similar fashion as the Raptor with 35” tires (a 37” package would be sweet), wider stance, performance shocks, and multiple drive modes.

I understand how people prefer one over the other. I saw a 3rd Gen 37” package at the local Ford dealership over the weekend, and it’s a beautiful truck. I just personally have a hard time giving up 700hp and a heated steering wheel.

I would love to give the R a rip. The reviews so far are pretty impressive.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for your thoughts. If there are some dealers doing 10K under, that could leave me pretty tight for any profit after I pay 6% sales tax and transfer fees.
The $10,000 off sticker is normally for new orders. Most TRX’s at the dealership are MSRP at best.

Maybe borrow the truck for a day to see if it’s something you’re really interested in. Who knows, after an hour you may hate the TRX.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I think it’s safe to say there is more to the TRX than just the engine. It attacks things in a similar fashion as the Raptor with 35” tires (a 37” package would be sweet), wider stance, performance shocks, and multiple drive modes.

So the same as a Raptor once you rake the engine out of the equation. Hence my statement. Both have a wider stance, different drive modes and better shocks.

Not sure how offering the same on both trucks is better in many ways. Just comes down to how you want said package delivered (giggity).

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Old guy, don’t feel threatened. It’s ok people have other tastes. Dodge has been the laughing stock of trucks for decades but the TRX is better than the raptor is many ways. It’s healthy to have some competition. Some would even say that without the TRX we would never have the R!
It is all in fun, except F the TRX.