What you rather have Bronco or Raptor?

• A. Raptor

Votes: 80 92.0%
  • B. Bronco

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • C. Something Else

Votes: 5 5.7%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
jamanrr

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve been scoping out the Broncos coming into my local dealers. Not many 2.7s Badlands. I was told Sasquatch are limited too.

I did find one yesterday but salesperson said owner wants $10k over sticker. I said good luck someone will pay that but it won’t be me.

I’ve reconsidered the hard top for the soft top because of the quality issues and since we’re not in a rush, we may just order a ‘22.

Order a 22 and it will be a 23, all 22s have been pre sold

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If the Broncos are engineered like the Ranger, then changing the oil will require removing the front driver side tire to get to the oil filter.
Nope. Not doing that. Wouldn't consider it. Ever.

NDO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally switched my order to a soft top with hard top prep kit. A week later I got notified of a build date of October 11, so it looks like it’ll finally happen! 2.7 Badlands Squatch lux 4dr in Cactus Gray. But I’m definitely keeping the Raptor.

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I test drove a badlands 4dr a week or so ago and I thought it was pretty cool. Would be a nice addition to the stable, but could never replace my raptor. The whole place an order for one and wait for an unknown amount of time sucks. 2023? Really? That's minimum of a year from now. Alot can change in a year. Might just order one to get in line and if I change my mind, my dealer would be happy to have it for the lot.
As far as removing the front tire to change the oil filter, oil change interval is in line with tire rotations for me anyway, so it might not be terrible.

OP
OP
jamanrr

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I test drove a badlands 4dr a week or so ago and I thought it was pretty cool. Would be a nice addition to the stable, but could never replace my raptor. The whole place an order for one and wait for an unknown amount of time sucks. 2023? Really? That's minimum of a year from now. Alot can change in a year. Might just order one to get in line and if I change my mind, my dealer would be happy to have it for the lot.
As far as removing the front tire to change the oil filter, oil change interval is in line with tire rotations for me anyway, so it might not be terrible.

Part of the works package so it has to come off anyway. I never knew that about the ranger though. I wonder if the other Ford's that use the 2.3 liter are the same way?

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Most of the wheeling I do, the Bronco would do a better job. However I do run in the desert from time to time where the Raptor is a blast. I also take my toys to the desert pretty often and the 3500lbs tow rating of the Bronco wouldn’t cut it. I also take advantage of BLM land for target shooting and being able to load up all my gear in the box while keeping the cab clean and available for passengers is huge.

Conclusion: No, I wouldn’t pick a Bronco over a Raptor but I would pick one to compliment the Raptor.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I cancelled my reservation for the Bronco, I think the R will be here before my Bronco and I am leaving my options open. I'll be retired in the OBX in a few years, I will definitely want a Bronco or Wrangler soft top for a daily.

The only way I am getting rid of my Raptor is if I am buying another Raptor.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If the Broncos are engineered like the Ranger, then changing the oil will require removing the front driver side tire to get to the oil filter.
Nope. Not doing that. Wouldn't consider it. Ever.
Is that the 2.3 or 2.7?

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they would put the 2.7 in a ranger raptor for the US I might consider it but otherwise I like my Raptor