What you rather have Bronco or Raptor?

• A. Raptor

Votes: 80 92.0%
  • B. Bronco

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • C. Something Else

Votes: 5 5.7%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MasterWaterSkier

Reaction score
Need another option in the poll.. who wants both... I plan to keep my Gen1, and my 79 Bronco.. and should get my 2021 2Dr Rapid Red Squatch'ed Black Diamond from Granger in Iowa in a month or so.

OP
OP
jamanrr

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I am leaning on ordering a low end model with the manual then taking it to a local custom shop for some wheels/ tires and some lighting on the front

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was going to get a Bronco in addition, but it's been so f'd up on the roll out and cancelled my res, I decided to wait and then they announce the Raptor R, I might still get one, or move up to an R.

At the end of the day, I will always have a Raptor until they put me in a home.....

heybear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I am leaning on ordering a low end model with the manual then taking it to a local custom shop for some wheels/ tires and some lighting on the front
i tend to agree. the jeep pictured over there. <<<<< was a base model.

it got wheels, tires, dana 60 axles, lockers, cage and bumpers.

bronco made it a little more difficult in that the wide axles and and lockers seem to only be available on higher end models.

someday a manufacturer will do what i want and offer a just frame, sheet metal and LS engine i can stuff all my own running gear under.

...or maybe not.

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking of possibly trading my wife's gen 1 for a 4 dr bronco for her dd, but I'd like to see and drive one first. It may not fit the bill. Plus, she would have the final say, as she will be driving it 95% of the time. I would love to build a 2 dr for serious off roading, possibly replacing my current bronco. I've owned a bronco of some form for all but a few years since 1984. Nothing but another raptor could replace my current one. Here's my current bronco.

Attachments

• 20171029_133046.jpg
    20171029_133046.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 16533.jpeg
    16533.jpeg
    359.2 KB · Views: 11

jvizzraptor

Reaction score
I just dropped off my Raptor for service, there was a Bronco test vehicle at the dealer. I took it out for a drive.
More Jeep than Raptor. I personally loved the hood view of the Bronco while driving.

It was a peppy *badlands* engine, but lacked the response, full feeling of power that the Raptor has on tap. Cabin noise was apparent in the soft top but better than a hardtop Jeep (Had a 15 jk).

I wouldn't agree that the cabin is almost as large as the Raptor. I went right from the test drive back to my truck. The Raptor interior is cavernous. Bronco is def. more compact, very much like a Jeep interior, a bit nicer than my 15JK, def a little roomier but not by much.
Tiny center storage, but deep. There is 2x the space between driver and passenger in the Raptor.

One thing I noticed was my head seemed to be at or just higher than the roof frame. I am 6'2". The soft top sits about 5-6 inches higher than the frame.

Anyway, it was fun to putt around in. That is how I see it. It's a cruiser. I would wait on a higher perf. engine option for it to win my heart.
I got back into a freshly detailed Raptor and laughed as I pulled away. The Raptor is bonkers compared to the Brocno.
So much cabin room, higher quality materials, and ripped down the road.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve been scoping out the Broncos coming into my local dealers. Not many 2.7s Badlands. I was told Sasquatch are limited too.

I did find one yesterday but salesperson said owner wants $10k over sticker. I said good luck someone will pay that but it won’t be me.

I’ve reconsidered the hard top for the soft top because of the quality issues and since we’re not in a rush, we may just order a ‘22.