Any of you guys tow a trailer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ugavyju2.jpg

I tow a 30 ft boston whaler with my raptor. It's 16,500 trailer/boat loaded with fuel. I get 5mpg towing it
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Smart money would have been to keep the old F250 not a Raptor.. Your so outrageously over weight if you have an accident they are going to lock you up and throw away the key..

rptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Smart money would have been to keep the old F250 not a Raptor.. Your so outrageously over weight if you have an accident they are going to lock you up and throw away the key..

Lol who is gonna throw away the key? I live 5 hours from a town in the middle of nowhere? Please tell me who is gonna even go after me other than a moose and a bear?

With lt airbags and 4 inch bumps it tows better than my f250

People around here haven't had a drivers licence since Vietnam......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

COBRA90GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since this seems to be one of the longer running trailer/towing threads in here, I'll ask:

Anyone with a Raptor have a Haulmark V-Nose (or Edge model) 7x12 or 7x14 tandem axle "Low Hauler" motorcycle trailer or towed one before (pros/cons)?

Thinking about picking up a used "Low Hauler" for the bikes at some point...thx!

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Since this seems to be one of the longer running trailer/towing threads in here, I'll ask:

Anyone with a Raptor have a Haulmark V-Nose (or Edge model) 7x12 or 7x14 tandem axle "Low Hauler" motorcycle trailer or towed one before (pros/cons)?

Thinking about picking up a used "Low Hauler" for the bikes at some point...thx!

I have a single axle bendron titan 5x10 that is very similar to the haulmark v-nose with a ramp gate and side door. Its a breeze to tow and having pulled similar size twin axles from uhaul can't imagine that a dual axle version would be any different to tow that this. Its not a low model I can stand upright inside which is one reason I bought it. It has a few upgrades to make it a little nicer to use/tow (I sleep in it at the track):

* Floor and painted with oil proof garage floor paint
* Walls painted white with kitchen/bathroom white wipe clean paint
* Fitted electric brakes (original tow vehicle needed them '03 Liberty)
* Brake away controller and 7 pin wiring upgrade
* 12V power input for genny hookup
* Moved interior lights to Aux circuit
* I will be adding 2 12V 4Ah sealed batteries this month to run the lights without the genny on
* 2 Small 12V floods fitted above the ramp to provide light when (un)loading
* 1 Pitbull strapless trailer restraint system for my track bike
* 1 Pitbull front wheel chock for second bike
* 2 Nice Raxx paddock stand racks
* 2 Recessed ground anchors added for the wheel chock
* low nose weight WD hitch with sway control keeps the truck level at stock ride height when the trailer is fully loaded
* Additional tie down points for easy-up, cot and chairs in the nose
* Additional tie down points for the tool chest on the wall above the axle
* Custom built wheel and tire rack in the nose to carry spare set of wheels and and an additional set of tires (built from steel gas pipe spigots and fittings from HD)
* Nose spare tire mount and spare (now in the bed of the truck due to WD hitch)

All in all this makes the trailer a pleasure to use, I would recommend one you can stand up in if you can get away with it.

COBRA90GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
t_j & rsike - Thanks for the replies, I really appreciate it. :)

Did either of you guys need to run an "extreme" drop hitch to keep the trailer level or would my existing 2" drop hitch work OK (running the factory suspension here) ? Thx again!

rptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i run a 8 inch drop hitch. but the actual ball is about 6 inches down from hitch shank insert. but i run 40 inch tires that's why.
as many said invest in a weight distribution system and or rpg stage 1 with 4 inch 2.5 bump stops. With the 4 inch bumpstops you can incease your payload close to 3000 from 1000 in the bed. meaning your tounge weight is increased as well with less sag. When i hook up my 15000 ish trailer with a WD distribution hitch and 4 inch bump stops i only get 1 inch of sag in the rear properly adjusted.

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

334j5h1.jpg fox 2.5 4 inch bump stops for heavy loads ONLY

rptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i run king 2.5 bumpstops for everyday. you do have to jack up. takes about 5 minutes to switch real easy. theres RPG video on these on youtube! they really work very well... i run em any time i haul any trailer cause my king shocks are real soft and so are my deavers +3.

found the video here you go.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlMuVXH57IE