Any North NJ guys, could help me install some leaf springs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DAVfoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this could be wrong forum. Mods, move it if necessary.

Anyone in the tristate area that could help me with the install? Icon leaf springs, hardware and the bump stop extensions. I will feed, give beer and pay for the time. Id rather do this myself just for the experience as I have never installed springs before. Install shop near me is asking for 800 to install.

Just ordered them today so would probably wait to install once weather gets better out. Let me know guys, would definitely appreciate it!!

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
Getting ready to do mine, Icon leafs, Eibachs on the front, rebuilt shocks, etc. Going to get a quote from a shop to do the wrenching. Sure I could do it myself......over a periods of 2-3 weeks. But I have a HOA and can't be doing it in my driveway or neighbors will have a cow. Won't fit in garage.

OP
OP
DAVfoto

DAVfoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea my truck won't fit in the garage either, and my driveway is a very slight slope but I think it can be done here. No HOA fortunately.

OP
OP
DAVfoto

DAVfoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id probably not be much help since ive never done it myself, Im also good 7 hrs north of nj LOL id be down to try and help if i was closer :)
Hah no worries! I haven't done it either but I think with the right tools and extra set of hands it shouldn't be too hard. Plan to get the harbor freight badlands jack to get this thing off the ground and some taller jack stands. If you are ever down this way, hit me up.

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you do end up doing it your self/alone I would HIGHLY recommend attaching 2 ratchet straps one near each end of the mounting points around the frame so that you can cradle each end of the leaf spring and jack up and hoist them into place. I installed mine on my own, they’re just SO HEAVY and hard to maneuver them yourself without scratching/tearing/ stuff. It’s very simple straight forward stuff. There are quite a few DIY installs on you tube. “Keepitdirtyoffroad” has 2 of them and walk step by step

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Getting ready to do mine, Icon leafs, Eibachs on the front, rebuilt shocks, etc. Going to get a quote from a shop to do the wrenching. Sure I could do it myself......over a periods of 2-3 weeks. But I have a HOA and can't be doing it in my driveway or neighbors will have a cow. Won't fit in garage.
2-3 weeks???? you drinking a handle inbetween each bolt?

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
2-3 weeks???? you drinking a handle inbetween each bolt?
Getting old, man. Things hurt. Plus, I got no helpers. :(

Can't have my truck up on jacks in the driveway for even 3-4 days. Did all my brakes recently, took 2 days. If I had a lift and an impact wrench I could have done it in 2 hours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free