Any new news?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a TRX coming as well. About $9k off MSRP. Dan Deery in Iowa.

I have been waiting on the R but figure I can flip this if the R becomes available and if I can ever get my hands on one.
you might find that you want to keep it. With my Gen2, i don’t miss having to turn off auto-off everytime i fired it up, listening to the horn beep twice when i left the truck running without a key (can’t tell you how many times that happened early morning while scouting a hunt spot. Ruined the hunt), the door locking on me as i tried opening it because of poorly placed lock sensor on the handle, the transmission clunking under light load when shifting, etc. I loved all my Gen 1 raptors, but unless the Gen3/R fixes those things from the Gen2….

Wristdoc

Reaction score
you might find that you want to keep it. With my Gen2, i don’t miss having to turn off auto-off everytime i fired it up, listening to the horn beep twice when i left the truck running without a key (can’t tell you how many times that happened early morning while scouting a hunt spot. Ruined the hunt), the door locking on me as i tried opening it because of poorly placed lock sensor on the handle, the transmission clunking under light load when shifting, etc. I loved all my Gen 1 raptors, but unless the Gen3/R fixes those things from the Gen2….
100%

I was really excited about the R, and put the word out among numerous connections that I want one. Then my friend bought a TRX and the thing is amazing.

There is just no telling how long one might have to hold out to get an R, if it even is built, given the current supply chain environment.

As to your comments, as a hunter, I can imagine the frustration of a horn going off and ruining the hunt! Brutal!

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score
100%

I was really excited about the R, and put the word out among numerous connections that I want one. Then my friend bought a TRX and the thing is amazing.

There is just no telling how long one might have to hold out to get an R, if it even is built, given the current supply chain environment.

As to your comments, as a hunter, I can imagine the frustration of a horn going off and ruining the hunt! Brutal!
430 am, dark, got my no-scent spray and then…beep beep! hahah

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
R or not, after seeing the Gen3 in comparison to TRXs this past weekend at an off-roading event. I still choose the gen3 no contest. Also the Gen3 has more power and a better torque curve then the gen2. dyno results from goosetuned show the stock gen3 has either a significant power or efficiency upgrade (or both). Big torque punch down low and it does sound really good

ghost410

Full Access Member
Reaction score
R or not, after seeing the Gen3 in comparison to TRXs this past weekend at an off-roading event. I still choose the gen3 no contest. Also the Gen3 has more power and a better torque curve then the gen2. dyno results from goosetuned show the stock gen3 has either a significant power or efficiency upgrade (or both). Big torque punch down low and it does sound really good
Interesting. Can you elaborate on why the gen 3 shines over the trx?

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interesting. Can you elaborate on why the gen 3 shines over the trx?
There is nothing i can actually say in terms of experience with the actual performance, because ive only driven a trx on pavement breifly and havent driven a gen3. but the raptor just has a presence about it. it was more of a feeling then anything. just looks so much better in person, and i was following it for quite a bit of time. Where i was struggling to gain and maintain speed comfortable in the washboard bumps ( i have gen2 with FRS live valves and Icon leafs) The gen3 can put power down through the washboards and based on the driver it just soaks them up so much better then it used to. Maybe im just a ford truck fan (ive owned both Rams and Fords). But after seeing them both live at the event id 100% go with the Gen3. Sounds great in person too i have 0 complaints about the Gen3 Exhaust sound

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Agreed if you want off road performance, the TRX may come up short. The range is beyond awful. But for a town truck? Which is what most Raptors are used for. Slam dunk. I really don't understand why anyone is waiting for an R when they can get a TRX way under sticker. There's brand loyalty and there's stupidity. It's often hard to tell the difference. The way Ford is handling new product intros at the moment, I'd grab the bird in the hand so fast that there would be feathers flying. Three or four years from now you'll be wanting a new truck anyway and the R might finally be available at a price you would pay.

Wristdoc

Reaction score
Agreed if you want off road performance, the TRX may come up short. The range is beyond awful. But for a town truck? Which is what most Raptors are used for. Slam dunk. I really don't understand why anyone is waiting for an R when they can get a TRX way under sticker. There's brand loyalty and there's stupidity. It's often hard to tell the difference. The way Ford is handling new product intros at the moment, I'd grab the bird in the hand so fast that there would be feathers flying. Three or four years from now you'll be wanting a new truck anyway and the R might finally be available at a price you would pay.
This is exactly what I’m doing…TRX on order. If Raptor R comes out, is better, and I can get one, I’ll make the switch.