Any new news?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marlboroman

Reaction score
The Raptor R has been nothing but talk for a really long time. As much as we all want it to happen, we probably won’t see it until gen4 at the earliest if it even gets made at all. The original was scrapped 12 years ago. Granted it didn’t have a vin and wasn’t street legal. But we have different issues/excuses today that will push this one back to the drawing board.

ghost410

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems they’re planning to put the V engine in the Escalade. if Cadillac will do that, surely Ford will do the right thing and put the supercharged v8 in the raptor

Pikser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While driving from Texas to Georgia I stopped for gas north of New Orleans near the gas station was chargers for EV’s. Three hour wait time for the third person in line.

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm doubtful, but hopeful in the same breath. Maybe Ford will just come out with an electric Raptor instead. With the price of fuel and climate change mandates, it doesn't leave much desire for Ford to produce a fire breathing Raptor anymore. Hope I'm wrong!
Feel the same

zapp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why are you guys so nervous about Ford canceling on the R?

My guess is, they'll announce the truck in q1 2022 and the first R trucks will be build in q3 2022.
In low numbers with crazy markups.. but it'll come..

Electric Raptor is sth for Gen4..

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reading all this pessimism is leading me toward ordering a TRX
I traded my Gen2 for a TRX. I’ll be honest, I never thought I’d own a Ram but so far it’s a great truck. The interior is fantastic, the suspension performs great, and the acceleration is an absolute blast. I too was waiting it out for the R, but with the likely markups I decided that even if it is released, it would be out of my reach and the TRX was a worthy substitute.

Wristdoc

Reaction score
I have a TRX coming as well. About $9k off MSRP. Dan Deery in Iowa.

I have been waiting on the R but figure I can flip this if the R becomes available and if I can ever get my hands on one.