GEN 2 Any issues with aftermarket intercoolers? (ADD AFE Kit)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm looking at aftermarket bumpers and realizing most of the ones I like call for a Intercooler relocation (race) intercooler. I'm really leaning towards the ADD Pro. Anyone have any issues with them? It's a vehicle that will be driven a lot (20k+ miles a year) and taken offroad. I was really trying to avoid any drive train mods on it.

Dee

Reaction score
I bought one for the same reason. Intercooler was also a plus since the truck is tuned. I installed it myself and Im impressed with the quality. I didnt see any reasons to expect problems down the road. I would buy it again.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm looking at aftermarket bumpers and realizing most of the ones I like call for a Intercooler relocation (race) intercooler. I'm really leaning towards the ADD Pro. Anyone have any issues with them? It's a vehicle that will be driven a lot (20k+ miles a year) and taken offroad. I was really trying to avoid any drive train mods on it.

My brother has the full race IC and ADD Pro combo (with whipple tune and CAI). He went the extra mile and got the BOV relocation pipe (I think this actually comes from the new AFE kit).

Truck has been on a 2-3 thousand mile road trip since the work was done and is running great. Looks SICK with the ADD Pro and 7 BD Squadron Pros.

Honestly one of the best looking trucks I've seen in a long time.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score

ive had zero issues with my full race intercooler in the last 3000 miles.

Just make sure you get those hoses seated on the CAC and tube ends properly and that your clamps are tight.

With a tune, you'd be pushing higher boost pressure. when those hoses pop off, it is LOUD and a little terrifying. :)

k-rub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did he mount the BD Squadrons? Roof mount or to a lightbar on the front? Any pics by chance?

My brother has the full race IC and ADD Pro combo (with whipple tune and CAI). He went the extra mile and got the BOV relocation pipe (I think this actually comes from the new AFE kit).

Truck has been on a 2-3 thousand mile road trip since the work was done and is running great. Looks SICK with the ADD Pro and 7 BD Squadron Pros.

Honestly one of the best looking trucks I've seen in a long time.

OP
OP
FullAuto

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Honestly, I really don't want to mess with the powertrain just yet. I think I am going to search for a bolt on. I like the ADD stealth but will need to Line X whatever bumper I get as I'm in the NE. I can see the stealth being a real pain in the ass to have covered well in line x.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Truck looks pretty sick! Thanks for the pics. Did he do anything to the suspension? Is that the ADD Pro bumper?

Icon Delta uppers, Geiser springs, Rogue slot delete, Deaver +3s in the rear, RPG bump kit, Camburg shackles. And the 37s.

It rides amazingly well. Very, very smooth.